Sunday, January 14, 2007

Loot :)

Way back in October I sent my buddy Cynthia some moo-lah to buy me some happy yarn at Rhinebeck. Cynthia not only bought me happy Rhinebeck yarn, she also bought me a birthday present. Due to the "sleep inducing virus" (aka, hello you're having a baby, when are you going to figure it out?) she has been trying to muster up enough energy to even knit, much less remember to mail a package. ;) But to my wondering eyes, on Firday evening, what should appear, but LOOT?!?!?

I give you Morehouse Merino Laceweight 100% Merino wool, Fingering Weight, 660 yards. yummy
Hand Maiden Sea Silk, 70 % Silk, 30 % Seacell, and it smells so good! 400 meters (See, that second skein? Happy Birthday Kelli from Cynthia!) Blue Moon Fiber Arts Sock Candy 96% Cotton, 4% Elite, colorway Diva, 200 yds
Spirit Trail Fiberworks 100% Superwash Merino Sock Yarn, 200 yards. These are totally going to be sexy red socks. Hot, sexy red socks. ;)
And then, there was this and this. OH MY HOLY GODDESS OF SPINNING! Can it be? Yes, silk hankies. Handpainted by a little old man (who I do not know the name of, but Cynthia might). She was inspired to get me some when she saw Amy Singer spinning them at Morehouse Merino, and the kicker, Amy Singer knew who I was and I wasn't even there!

Labels: ,

5 comments:

At Sunday, January 14, 2007 9:49:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Oooooo I am drooling over all the goodies you got. I bet the wait was worth it. :)

All that should keep you knitting for at least a week. LOL

What a great way to start off the weekend.

 
At Sunday, January 14, 2007 10:07:00 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Well Amy is down with the bunny love...so it doesn't surprise me.

I actually gasped when I saw that sea silk (and the sexy red sock yarn!)

 
At Monday, January 15, 2007 8:54:00 AM, Blogger Diane said...

I wouldn't know what to knit first. Your haul is like a kid in a candy shop!

 
At Monday, January 15, 2007 1:36:00 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

I'm really glad you like your package :) It was the best fun to pick it all out--even the Socks That Rock/Blue Moon line was worth it!

 
At Monday, January 15, 2007 4:09:00 PM, Blogger AR said...

That's a lot of loot! MMMM. Great fibery goodness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home