Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Distractions

I've been meaning to photograph this African Violet to show you for a week. Isn't this strange? One of the flowers is half purple, half pink; one flower is puple with a pink edging; and one flower is pink with purple "splatter" spots. All of the flowers are supposed to be pink with purple "splatter" spots.I'm still treating rabbits. One of the does that I thought I had cured sneezed a HUGE snot ball today. If she isn't cured with the second round of treatment, I will have to put her down to prevent it spreading any more. I'm very distressed, because I particularly like this doe and her bloodlines. My favorite buck is also sick, but with something else and I'm hoping that the antibiotic I am using will cure him of this other infection. While I'm hopeful that I will be done administering shots in the next two weeks, I am also praying to the Great Bunny God that I don't have to kill any one else. They are all my babies and I don't want to put any more down.

With no real knitting to show you, I thought you might enjoy a picture or two of Colt aka fugly. hee hee Will hates it that I call his dog fugly. I must admit that he is a smart little puppy. Monica and I played "puppy ping pong" with him. To play it, one person sits on one side of the room and the other sits opposite. You call the puppy's name and each time he comes to you, he gets a treat, but only if he sits. Colt caught on very fast. He is still learning his name, but he came to us 75% of the time. My fiance thinks I'm crazy for trying to teach him already, but Will can stick a fork up his nose. Puppies are never too young to learn, and besides, he's very inquisitive at this age. The quicker he learns, the faster Will can start training him to hunt.

Labels: ,

6 comments:

At Tuesday, January 09, 2007 9:26:00 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Awww...I'm keeping my fingers crossed for bunnies.

That is a bizzare African Violet.

And he's the cutest fugly puppy I've ever seen!

 
At Tuesday, January 09, 2007 10:19:00 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

Gosh, I hope that Will is sticking the fork in his own nose and not the puppy's.

My best bunny thoughts are being sent to the Gods. Amen

 
At Wednesday, January 10, 2007 10:03:00 AM, Blogger CelticCastOn said...

awwww colt is toooo cute!
Thats one mighty big teddy he's got there :)

 
At Wednesday, January 10, 2007 11:00:00 AM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Oh I hope that the bunnies get better. That is just horrible having to decide which ones to let go. :(

Love the African Violet. Very unique.

Colt is cute. Looks like he is spoiled already. :)

 
At Wednesday, January 10, 2007 12:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one interesting African Violet!

Sorry about the bunnys, I hope they get better soon so you don't have to face the possibility.

What a cutie, I agree with you, dogs are never to young to learn. We had our pup Abner sitting at 8 weeks and doing the down command by 10.

 
At Thursday, January 11, 2007 9:31:00 AM, Blogger AR said...

Sorry about your bunnies. :(

What a weird African Violet. Mine aren't doing so well. I am a bad gardener/house plant person.

I thought the frisbee in the second pic of the puppy was a halo for a second. LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home