Friday, January 12, 2007

Fleece Artist Rocks

I love these socks. Knit in my usual sock pattern, 2 inch K2P2 cuff, short row heel, four-point toe. But these are scrumptious socks. I love the feel of them.
Yarn: Fleece Artist 100% Merino Wool, machine washable, 325 m per skein, color "Midnight" (and my picture really doesn't so them justice, the colors are so brilliant in person)
Needles: US 2 Brittany birch DPNs
Such love, I can't wait to cast on another pair. I'm swiftly creating quite a collection of socks for myself. :) I can't tell you how happy it makes me to slip into a pair of my own handknit socks.

My small package from Scout came today as well. Two cute felted flower kits, the pattern for a Poinsettia wreath (getting a jump on next Christmas), and samples of Soak, the gentle wool wash that Scout is now carrying. I'm going to try one out on my socks that I've been wearing this week. I have several pairs that need a good soak. ha ha I asked Scout to send my order sometime in January to surprise me and she did! I was pleasantly surprised and it was a day that I certainly felt like giving myself a treat. :)

Labels: , ,

7 comments:

At Friday, January 12, 2007 5:38:00 PM, Blogger Kaye said...

Isn't finishing a pair the best feeling? Are the colors more blue? They looking kind of brown on my end. Cool regardless!

 
At Friday, January 12, 2007 5:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kaye=Bezzie btw. Stupid new blogger.

 
At Friday, January 12, 2007 6:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice looking socks! I've built up quite a collection of socks for myself of the past 9 months or so. Nothing feels so cozy as handknit socks :)

 
At Saturday, January 13, 2007 12:15:00 AM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Oooo the socks look very nice. Yay for nice packages and getting it as a semi-surprise is even better.

 
At Saturday, January 13, 2007 12:06:00 PM, Blogger AR said...

I love your socks. Time for me to make myself some new ones, all of my old ones are wearing out. :(
I bet the flowers will look really neat.

 
At Saturday, January 13, 2007 12:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are becoming quite the sock knitter!! Hope the bunnies are better-every person I know has been sick as a ,well, bunnie in the last few weeks! I am TRYING so hard not to catch whatever!

 
At Sunday, January 14, 2007 5:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great socks! I have yet to try the fleece artist scck yarn but I think I'll have to soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home