Wednesday, December 27, 2006

What's This? More socks?


Why, yes it is. Spunky Eclectic "Toronto Stipes" Superwash Wool/Nylon blend, 500 yds. These socks are for me. :) Knit on US 1 Brittany birch DPNs. I used a short row heel and only 60 stitches for my size 9 feet. I was surprised that they fit so well, I've been using several more stitches than that (apparently I think my feet are HUGE) and this has caused my last few socks to be a little, shall we say, big. These turned out very nicely though, don't you think?

My Christmas was nice and while I didn't get many fiber related gifts items, the B&N gift cards were quite nice and put to good use today. My latest acquisition is Inspired Cable Knits by Fiona Ellis. I love the name Fiona. I had a pretty goat named Fiona once too. :) But, back to the book, there appear to be some real gems in this book, I've been eyeing it for weeks and finally purchased it. We'll see if there is a cabled something in my future. lol

After having a lovely weekend with Will, and a nice Christmas with my family, I was a bit puzzled when I pulled into the driveway to see a box sitting on my doorstep. Silly Kelli! It was my Sundara sock yarn club package. And is it ever gorgeous! Look at how beautiful this is and I can't believe that she was still able to get the club packages out on time after the storm and everything. I can't wait to knit this, but it will likely go on the back burner until I can get my queue ready again. I'm running short of planned projects!

3 comments:

At Wednesday, December 27, 2006 7:58:00 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

That sock yarn is so pretty! Both Toronto and that grayish club yarn!

 
At Wednesday, December 27, 2006 9:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice socks. Your new club yarn is so nice. I bet you can't wait to get your hands into it. :)

 
At Wednesday, December 27, 2006 9:51:00 PM, Blogger AR said...

Nice socks. I love brand new hand knitted socks. I wouldn't be able to wait to play with that club yarn. It's very pretty!

Happy New Year to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home