Thursday, January 04, 2007

It's 2007 and I'm still just as busy

So, I've been on bunny duty the last week, giving shots, trying to keep up with the increasing number of rabbits that are sick in the herd. I have money saved to buy an automatic watering system. I had grand plans to buy yarn, but I've decided to purchase the auto watering system to provide clean, clear water to the bunnies at all times instead. I think that the investment is worth it. I can't stand the crock waterbowls anymore and the constant battle to keep them clean. I'm exhausted from the bunnies and the holidays and work and getting ready for the next semester. Not that I'm asking for pity, I just want to set my thoughts in order on how to make it better.

I'm unhappy with my weight. I'm unhappy with my current rabbit situation. I want clean water and cleaner cages for the rabbits. I'm going to rent a power washer and clean the "uck" from my cages. I'm going to buy my auto-waterer system. I'm going to lose 20 pounds and be happier. There. Hold me to it.

I started my healthier year last night with this salad. Spinach, green leaf lettuce, mushrooms, alfalfa sprouts, sunflower seeds, cheddar cheese, and a poppyseed dressing. This was delicious and made me feel like I was treating my body better. I had a banana for dessert and a glass of milk to go with it.

I also finished the mittens that go with the Checks and Charms Hat. Right now I have a lace scarf, socks, and a sweater on the needles.


If you've made it to this point, thanks for reading along. I have so many things that I feel are cluttered in my life right now. I need to clean and purge my house and my barn so that I can feel better about myself and make some positive healthy changes. And I have GOT to start drinking more water. I just like flavor in my drinks, so I'm going to buy some lemons and have lemon in my water. Vent over. I promise a better post tomorrow.

Labels:

10 comments:

At Thursday, January 04, 2007 8:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we all get in a funk after the holidays! Breathe in -Breathe out!!! All of your goals sound doable. Hope 2007 is a great year for you and the bunnies-and that it is a year of knitting enjoyment with some learning new skills thrown in for good measure. Zen knitting to you too!

 
At Thursday, January 04, 2007 8:26:00 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

Hmmmm, I have to lose 20 pounds, too. Of course, today I baked cinnamon rolls. For the boys. No, no I wouldn't eat one *wiping the frosting from her mouth* Guess I'll just have to take a longer walk tomorrow. Good luck.

 
At Thursday, January 04, 2007 9:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The mittens are beautiful.

I hope the bunny situation gets better real soon - that must really suck! You will feel better buying the watering system rather than more yarn; you can get yarn any time and the watering system will not only help the bunnies, but will give you a much needed break too.

 
At Friday, January 05, 2007 12:11:00 AM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Yummm that salad looks and sounds good.

Very cute mittens. :)

The yarn can wait, your bunnies health can't. Hopefully the auto waterer will help you in beating this.

Good luck on your cleaning and feeling better along with your bunnies feeling better.

Hopefully things will calm down for you soon.

 
At Friday, January 05, 2007 8:05:00 AM, Blogger CelticCastOn said...

Kell you can get a small pressure washer that would be perfect for bunny cages at walmart for like 80 bucks!
With all those greens you're gonna turn into a bunny yourself :)

 
At Friday, January 05, 2007 9:05:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Me too sister! I went off Mt Dews and I am battling it. I will allow myself to drink them when at a fast food rest and no other options are available. But I have stocked up on water and juices and hope I can keep from buying Dews. Now the yarn stash could use a purging or straightening.

 
At Friday, January 05, 2007 9:35:00 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh yum! That salad looks delish! And beautiful mittens!!

I've been purging a bit of the old junk around the house too--so I get what you're saying there!

 
At Friday, January 05, 2007 4:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH I so understand what you mean, my brain is quite clutter. But we take it one day at a time and we'll get tehre. The salad looks yummy.

 
At Saturday, January 06, 2007 6:09:00 AM, Blogger Beth said...

QVC has this steam cleaner thing that works like a power washer but heats up the water and it looks like it works really well. It's around $88.00. Just search steam cleaner on their site. I think it might help you.
Anyway I'm going to lose 50 pounds and a bunch of other things. Good luck on your goals and I hope the bunnies are o.k.

 
At Sunday, January 07, 2007 9:22:00 PM, Blogger needlefingers said...

My secret to getting the water consumption up - only using plastic water bottles (I use the 20 oz. size). If I just have water in a glass, I'm not remotely interested in it. In a bottle, it goes right down. I can usually get in 80 oz. a day.

Weird, but it works.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home