Saturday, December 30, 2006

Reflections

So I was looking at Kelly's blog and she listed everything that she had knitted in 2006. I started thinking to myself about all of the things that I've knitted this year and I got out my knitting journals. (I use big 3-ring binders.) I started listing out everything that I've made, and it's, um, a lot.

Washclothes-22
Cat Toys-17
Pairs of Socks-12
Hats-8
Scarves-6
Shawls-4
Baby Sweaters-4
Teddy Bears-4
Ornaments-3
Mantle Runners-1
Christmas Stockings-1
Felted Bags-1
Dog Blankies-1
Slippers-1
Knucks-1
Gloves-1
Sweaters-1

That would be 88 knitted things this year. I think I may be a bit obsessed. My goal for 2007 is to knit more large items, and fewer small items. I think that will cut down on the total number of items and hopefully I'll feel more accomplished after tackling the larger items.

This has been a year of great growth for me in my knitting and I look forward to learning intarsia this coming year, as well as continuing to expand my knowledge. Thanks for coming along with me for the ride this year. I treasure all of the fun we've had since I started this blog in May.

I won't be blogging much in the next few days. I've been treating rabbits and have a lot to do before I gear up for classes next semester. See you in 2007.

7 comments:

At Saturday, December 30, 2006 6:53:00 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Yup, bigger things is my goal too. But I love the semi-instant gratification of the smaller projects!

I must say that's A LOT of cat toys!!! Lucky kitties!

 
At Saturday, December 30, 2006 7:37:00 PM, Blogger AR said...

Getting organized enough to know what I knit should be my goal. LOL

Happy New Year!

 
At Saturday, December 30, 2006 9:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's quite a list, girlie! You should be proud of it, regardless of the size :) You sure put me to shame, either way.

 
At Saturday, December 30, 2006 9:07:00 PM, Blogger CelticCastOn said...

Wozerotti thats alot of stuff! I'm so happy to have crossed paths with you this year. Here's to next year being a fab knitting year twinny!

 
At Saturday, December 30, 2006 9:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you have knitted a ton of stuff this year!

I could never tell you what I have knit since the beginning of the year. I don't keep any sort of journal of it. Maybe I should so I can see what all I accomplished.

Hope that you can get all your bunnies well. Good luck in your new classes

 
At Tuesday, January 02, 2007 12:30:00 PM, Blogger Suzie said...

Dang, that's quite a list. I decided I need to knit for myself this year, so sweater land here I come!

 
At Tuesday, January 02, 2007 12:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that is quite a list! Here's hoping 2007 is just as productive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home