Saturday, December 23, 2006

Chocolate Mint Moose Cookies


My gift to all of my bloggy friends this Christmas, is my special Chocolate Mint Moose Cookies. I whipped up this recipe a few weeks ago when I was searching for a cookie recipe to use that had chocolate, but not chocolate chips. That is a very hard thing to find, so I made up my own recipe.
Chocolate Mint Moose Cookies:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. (You may need to increase the temperature to 375 at higher elevations.)

1/2 cup room temperature butter
1/2 cup sugar

Beat together.

1 cup flour
1 egg

Mix.

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3 teaspoons coacoa powder

Mix well. The dough should be somewhat sticky at this point and not satiny. A little shine is ok, but you should be able to touch the doe without it sticking to your finger like cake batter. If it is too sticky add a tablespoon or two of flour to make it more like dough.

1/2 bag of Andes mint chips
OPTIONAL: approx. 1/4 bag of chopped walnuts or nut of choice

Mix coarsely. Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for approximately 15 minutes. The cookies should be somewhat dome shaped and will flatten out slightly.

My cookies were made with pecans tonight and I didn't put in quite enough flour, plus I had a bit too much oil in tonight, so my cookies flattened out. I think that they taste best when they've cooled to room temperature. :)

Happy Holidays all!

9 comments:

At Saturday, December 23, 2006 7:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look YUMMY!

 
At Saturday, December 23, 2006 9:22:00 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh yay!!! I've got a bag of hershey mint chocolate chips in the cupboard--guess what Santa's getting for Christmas! I love the idea of adding walnuts! Sadly I have no walnuts, does that mean when I make mine they'll just be Chocolate Mint Deer cookies? ;-)

 
At Saturday, December 23, 2006 9:30:00 PM, Blogger AR said...

Oh, yummy, I can't wait to try them. Thanks for the recipe. Merry Christmas! :)

 
At Sunday, December 24, 2006 9:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look good! Have a wonderful holiday!

 
At Sunday, December 24, 2006 12:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas kelli and bunnies!!

 
At Sunday, December 24, 2006 1:00:00 PM, Blogger needlefingers said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Sunday, December 24, 2006 1:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chocolatey minty goodness!

Merry X-mas!

 
At Sunday, December 24, 2006 1:39:00 PM, Blogger CelticCastOn said...

ohhhh me thinks Moosey will like these :)
Thanks for the recipe :)

 
At Monday, December 25, 2006 10:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummm they look and sound very good. Thanks for sharing. I will have to add it to my list for next year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home