Monday, January 08, 2007

Nothing Important

This will be a phenomenally boring post so feel free to skip this one. Call it your freebie for the the month. ;)

I've been cleaning and organizing and getting things ready for my new semester which starts today. My closet is cleaner than it has been in two years. I finally parted with all of the shirts that I was wishing would fit. My yarn stash is organized, at least to me. :) My kitchen cupboards and refrigerator are clean. I am getting my school papers cleaned up and filed away to go to class tonight. My bunny barn is cleaner (still working on that), and Will is designing my watering system.

I had a tiny set-back with the bunny barn though. I run a small LP heater in the barn to keep the water from freezing in the bowls. It is better for the bunnies and somewhat warmer for me (I keep it at about 40-45 degrees F), plus my pump doesn't freeze. Unfortunately after four years my heater's gas valve has gone bad, and at $282 I don't really want to replace the part. So I'm looking at replacing the heater with another LP or possibly with an electric heater.

No worries though, I will still be able to buy my watering system. On the knitting front, I cast on for some socks using my Fleece Artist "Midnight" skein last night, but I only have the cuff of one foot done and it's not really that exciting yet. I also did a few rows on my sweater, but I may have to make it a shorter sleeved sweater, it seems that I only had 8 skeins of the Kimono Angora and not 10 like I thought. (This was what precipitated the stash cleaning. lol) So I may go with a short sleeve or a 3/4 sleeve. I am also ignoring the lace scarf that I am nearly finished with as I am stumped on the corner and I just don't feel like figuring it out right now.

I must get back to organizing, I have class at 6 tonight and I want to get the book before I go in. Have a great evening!

Labels: ,

2 comments:

At Monday, January 08, 2007 2:38:00 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I read it all!!!!

I hope you get the heater situation cleared up shortly.

And hooray for cleaning!!!

 
At Monday, January 08, 2007 2:45:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

It is always nice to hear what you are up to.

I am glad that things are coming together with your bunnies. Sorry that the valve died on you.

I need some orginization as well. You can come over here when you are done with yours. ;)

Good luck with class tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home