Friday, December 22, 2006

To Float or Not to Float, That is a Silly Question

Well, I finished the hat this morning, and decided not to embark on the mittens just yet. I want to finish the simple lace scarf that I'm making first and then I'll cast on another project. Here's a very bad picture of the hat.

And the obligatory hat guts. I discovered that in several places on this hat, I switched the top and bottom yarn, but it took me until I was into the dots to find a way to comfortably hold and use both colors at one time. What I finally had to do was tension one yarn with my pinky like I usually do, and the other with my ring finger. I finally had a good system going by the time I finished the hat, so the mittens should be much easier. I also switched the colors that I originally planned to use and I like the results a lot more. As we are getting much closer to Christmas, I thought that I would let you in on what my baking plans are for the next few days. Tomorrow I plan to make gingerbread cookies and Chocolate Mint Moose Cookies (which if I actually make them, I promise to photograph and share the recipe). Then late tomorrow night, I'm going to make cinnamon rolls from scratch which I have never done before, but should be great fun. Sunday morning the rolls will pop into the oven and we'll dine on yummy icing and cinnamon goodness. My backup plan in case the rolls don't come out well is homemade biscuits and gravy (one of Will's favorites). And I'm going to knit, knit, knit.

I don't often share the news of what is happening in the bunny herd as generally they are healthy and normal. Sadly some of my bunnies are sick right now and I'm fighting what appears to be pasteurella in the herd, this is resulting in the quick culling of some of my favorite animals which makes me very sad. In order to save the many though, I am having to cull a few. This does not make for a very merry Christmas and I hope to have better news by the first of the year. Keep my bunnies in your thoughts, please, and wish them healthy so that I can keep as many as possible.

Your Knitter Bunny.

7 comments:

At Friday, December 22, 2006 7:34:00 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Aw, I hope your buns feel better soon! (that sounds weird to anyone but a rabbit herder I suppose...)

Love the hat! I've got gut envy!

I also can't wait to see these mint moose cookies as well.

 
At Friday, December 22, 2006 7:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your bunnies are sick. Sending good thoughts your way.

 
At Friday, December 22, 2006 10:35:00 PM, Blogger AR said...

Sorry about your bunnies. Hope you get it all fixed up soon.

Your hat looks very cute!

 
At Saturday, December 23, 2006 12:26:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely hat! Sorry about the bunnies. My youngest was begging for a bunny recently. But we are not pet capable right now. Severe animal allergies (but not to wool) keep em from live animal hair. But oh how I want to cuddle them precoius things!

Merry Christmas!

 
At Saturday, December 23, 2006 3:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your buns are most assuredly in my thoughts. I hope for the best for them.

Can't wait for the cookie recipe, I lost what you gave me!

 
At Monday, December 25, 2006 10:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending many healthy bunny thoughts your way. I am so sorry to hear that they are under the weather. :(

Have you ever tried the 2 handed fair isle technique? I took a class and where it was a little awkward at first it becomes second nature really quick.

 
At Tuesday, January 02, 2007 12:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your bunny's are better...

Beautiful hat! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home