Monday, March 19, 2007

Sneaky Bunny

Who Me????

Well, I did finish my first STR sock club. This picture has the truest color.
And I started the second sock.


A close-up of the leg. These cables were difficult to execute!

And the very cool garter stitch toe and heel.
Plus, I had some time and I did a bit of spinning. I'm just trying to practice more than anything. So I spun the little bit of blue roving I had left and it is more of a thick and thin yarn. I wanted to try Navajo- plying and this was my first attempt at it. Definitely need more practice.
Specs: 3 1/8 oz. (90 g), unknown wool, 7 wpi (heavy worsted), approx. 110 yards, spun on my Ashford Traveller on the middle whorl

For this roving, I was doing my best to spin very thin (nope, no lace flyer) on the flyer that I have. I was going to stay with a one ply yarn, but chose to ply this instead. It was just begging to be plyed really. :)

Specs: 5 oz. (146 g), Ile de France x Dorset Cross wool, two-ply, 10wpi (Worsted), approx. 350 yards, spun on the smallest whorl on my Ashford Traveller

This yarn bloomed a lot more than I anticipated which is part of the reason that it came in at a worsted weight. I'm anticipating a bit of change once I finish processing it, but it will likely stay in the light worsted to dk weight.

So this sneaky bunny has been playing with the wheel and working on some secret knitting projects. I'll try to let you all in on the secret soon. :)

Labels: ,

2 comments:

At Tuesday, March 20, 2007 7:15:00 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I think your first attempt to Navajo ply looks good! Of course I'm not a spinner so I don't know what I'm talking about ;-)

Great socks!

 
At Wednesday, March 21, 2007 10:26:00 AM, Blogger AR said...

Love the sock.
Your spinning is so nice, too. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home