Saturday, March 10, 2007

Yarn Confessions: Loopy Ewe

Ok, so before I dive into the good stuff, see that button to the right? Right there, you know, under the "Click Me" heading. Yeah, that one. That button requests Amy Singer come to your town. You can create a request or click on a request to support it. I asked for West Lafayette, actually I'd be pleased with somewhere in Indiana, but Lafayette or West Lafayette would be nice. :) Usually I travel 3-5 hours to see my fave knitting book authors (Indiana is often skipped entirely!) and I would love to bring Amy to Indiana. Any of you Indiana knitters reading this? Would you help me out? Thanks. Now, On To The YARN! :)


I bought Fleece Artist. A lot of Fleece Artist. Actually, this is all Fleece Artist. Destined for five pairs of socks to grace my chronically cold tootsies. I promise you will be shocked and awed by the socks when I do finally get them all knit. :)

As for this batch, well it arrived yesterday. That's Scarlet fleece in Kiwi and Blue Jeans (the big squishy ones) and two skeins of Apple Laine in Deep Sea (oh, the color!). I was a little late getting in on the big website update, but I still snagged some great yarn if I do say so myself. Are you seeing a pattern in my yarns yet? Can you say, "Sock Yarn in Blue and Green!"? Yep. I'm totally on a blue and green kick. :)

Oh, and the Loopy Ewe? LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Sheri rocks and the service is fan-freaking-tastic. Three day turn-around time tops (unless there is a huge update, naturally it takes an extra day). I get my package so quickly, I'm always amazed. Plus the benefits are awesome (read: frequent shopper perks!). She also sends along a little extra something that makes the packages that much more fun to open. Hugs to Sheri.

What? You think this is it? Um, no. There is more to come. When I mentioned buying some yarn, the word "binge" might have come up. Hmm, what's that? It didn't? Well, it was. A binge. A big binge. I'm a little ashamed, but mostly, I'm rolling in the yarn. Bwa ha ha ha ha!

Labels:

5 comments:

At Saturday, March 10, 2007 5:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to try the Fleece Artist sock yarn - but with over 8 miles of sock yarn in my possession I think I might should do some knitting first ;o)

 
At Saturday, March 10, 2007 10:47:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Oh man your feet are going to love you when you are done knitting all that up. It all looks so nice and squishy. I just want to pet it.

There are just those times that you need to throw caution to the wind and let your yarn buying flow.

It sucks that we are so far apart in Indiana.

 
At Sunday, March 11, 2007 11:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Binge-my favorite yarn word!! your yarn is beautiful-I love the Loopy Ewe too!! And Fleece Artist is to die for-no one in the area carries it so thank God for USPS.
Here you are coming up for the Harlot. I am going with Kristi too, I think, so we can stand in line again(lets run for the front this time). Need an assitant to help you carry all that new yarn???
LOL

 
At Sunday, March 11, 2007 1:20:00 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

I nearly fainted from all that Fleece Artist!

Now, I am drooling. This does not befit a librarian on the reference desk...

 
At Monday, March 12, 2007 8:15:00 PM, Blogger needlefingers said...

Given the winter you've had, I'd say a binge was much deserved!

Gee, hope all of this doesn't spoil your appetite for Greencastle. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home