Thursday, January 18, 2007

Meet Wesley


This is Wesley (aka a Weslo stationary bike) and he has come to the Knitter Bunny home to whip the flabby knitterbunny into shape. Wes is now occupying the spot where my wheel was residing and the wheel has found a home near the fireplace. I'm thinking of joining the "100 miles by April 1" KAL and getting my weight under control. College life certainly packed on the pounds. I was a meager 125 (and 5'6") during my senior year of high school. One Bachelor's degree, the beginning of graduate school, and five years later, I'm leaning toward 165 pounds. I don't really know how much I weigh because I refuse to buy a scale. So the last time I went to the doctor, I weighed in at 165. Not that I'm going to go crazy or anything, but I want to lose 20-25 pounds.
I took 12 years of dance lessons and miss the activity. My parents also had a two-story house and I live in a one story. Plus I didn't eat very well during my undergrad. I think you see where I'm going with this. I want to have more energy and feel better about how I look. Cutting pop from my diet was the first step, I don't drink any at home (though I do still drink pop occassionally when we go out to eat). Cooking more at home and expending some energy through food preperation was the next step. Learning to shop after I've eaten, sticking to my list, and attempting to buy healthier foods is what I'm working on now. Plus I have Wes as my secret weapon now. I biked for 3 miles this afternoon according to the readout. And I'm working on how to knit and pedal at the same time.
See the green bag on the bike handle? Oh yeah, I'm going to find a way to knit from that bag while I pedal. Socks and gloves here I come. ;)

Labels: ,

5 comments:

At Thursday, January 18, 2007 9:18:00 PM, Blogger CelticCastOn said...

go for it girl! Pedal like a maniac and crank out those socks :)

 
At Friday, January 19, 2007 9:11:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I would like to have one of those. But I am sure my girls would just play on it! I laud you for cutting out soft drinks. I have not been able to do that yet. I tried last year, it crept back in. This year I only made it a week before the lack of caffeine defeated me. Headaches are the result, and I don't drink coffee. Good luck!

 
At Sunday, January 21, 2007 2:04:00 PM, Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

What an awesome way to loose weight and still knit! I wish I could do the same, but we have no room in the house for a Wesley.
=:8

 
At Sunday, January 21, 2007 9:07:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Good luck on your goal. I am sure that you will find a way to knit and bike at the same time. :)

 
At Tuesday, January 23, 2007 1:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Met Kristi at Guild last week. Finally!!
Pedaling and knitting is doable. You have inspired me to get back on that bike again-I hate how Dr.'s now require us to be weighed each time we go in-don't they get it-we won't come unless we are dying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home