Monday, December 18, 2006

Drat, I avoided memes for so long

First “THE RULES:Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.” -unashamedly stolen from Julie's blog aka "the tagger."

So six weird things about me:
1. I do not like my food to touch. At all. As in, keep your little juicy green beans away from my mashed potatoes. No, don't leak, don't leak, aw damn it! Now I have to build a little wall of food (that I will not eat because it has combined two food servings) to keep the two foods apart. Yes, I know this is a problem, but it is my problem and damn it I will embrace my problems. (No, I am not changing.)

2. I like warm pop. As in at least room temperature.

3. I do not like ice in things (hence, the warm pop), but I love to eat ice. Beau and I have been known to share a bowl of ice on hot summer days (and cold winter ones.)

4. I like a grilled peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwich better than a plain one. I like the ooey-gooey peanut butter all melted into the jelly. And it has to be strawberry jelly. I like to try other jellies, but I can't bring myself to eat them with my peanut butter.

5. I like plain socks. No tricks, no fancy schmany patterns, just plain socks. I find them soothing to knit. I don't find them boring either. I could knit all of my socks plain for the next year, and not get tired of plain socks. Having written that, it does not mean that I will knit only plain socks for the next year, you never know what will strike your fancy. :)

6. I name every one of the rabbits that I keep. Every last rabbit that has lived long enough to produce babies or be shown in my herd has a name. I have named a thousand or more animals over the years. As a result, I have resorted to baby name books, movies, and friends for name ideas. In fact two of the bunnies most recently named are named for bloggers Aija (a sweet blue doe) and Dixie (her black sister) are named for the bloggers that I linked to.


As for the second part of this meme, I'm not going to tag 6 bloggers. I'm only going to tag one. Cynthia, you're it! HA HA HA HA HA. Anything to sneak a post out of you. ;)

8 comments:

At Monday, December 18, 2006 2:20:00 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

Wow! Now I *have* to post.

...we shall see...

 
At Monday, December 18, 2006 2:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like warm pop too. Everyone thinks I'm wierd. Then one day I was at my grandmother's and found out she also drinks her fluids that are normally cold, warm. Maybe it's genetic.

 
At Monday, December 18, 2006 3:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a room temp water girl and really don't like ice in my drinks.

Sounds like you need to use the plated that have dividers built in for you. ;)

My word verification is:

butmu LOL

 
At Monday, December 18, 2006 3:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, grilled peanut butter and jelly - I wonder how my peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches would be grilled. I just may have to try that!

 
At Monday, December 18, 2006 4:23:00 PM, Blogger AR said...

Number 4 sounds good!

Glad to see you say pop, not soda like some weird person. hehe

 
At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 9:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefer knitting plain socks while drinking warm "soft drinks" as well! And if I have a drink with ice in it, I MUST have a straw!

 
At Friday, December 22, 2006 11:52:00 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I like warm soda too--unless it's really yicky generic. Then I have to chill it. But never with ice.

And we call them "toasted" peanut butter sandwiches. I've never done jelly with them--I'll have to try that!

 
At Tuesday, January 02, 2007 12:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't the peanut butter have to touch the jelly in order to melt together? ...just sayin' ;o)

I trained myself to like room temp Coca Cola when my mom thought she'd keep me out of her stash by leaving it out to get warm ;o) I was a fairly devious child *g*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home