Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Oh, What Knitting I Have Finished!

First, we have the Grandma Shawl.

Yarns: Alpaca With a Twist Fino 100% Alpaca laceweight (yummy) and Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Mohair Wool
Needle: US 15 Denise Interchangeables
Pattern: Scribble Lace from Mason Dixon though you can find it elsewhere
Mods: None, shockingly

Second, a lovely hat for Will.

Yarn: Malabrigo 100 % Merino Wool in Autumn Forest
Needle: US 7 Clover DPNs
Pattern: Um, pattern? What pattern? I've knit some hats before, so I put some K2P2 ribbing in and some stockinette, and I worked out the decreases for the top.

Third, socks! Happy KPPPM socks made from the beautiful yarn that Kristi sent me.

Yarn: Koigu KPPPM 2 skeins 100% merino wool
Needles: US 1 Brittany birch DPNs
Pattern: Wendy Knits Generic Toe-Up socks slightly modified to fit my foot and a K3P3 ribbed cuff

My trip out to California was great. Smooth flights, good hotel, good shows, great people. I got to see my Jeannie and her family, and Scott. It was so relaxing for me. Plus, I got a lot of knitting done. A hat and socks people. In four days. With flights and traveling and judging and eating and talking and sleeping and I still managed a pair of socks and a hat. I'm ecstatic. Tonight is finishing night for some lingering projects like the glove that I started in October.

Then I have plans to start a hat for Mike and Mom's ornament, the last two things on my knit list for Christmas. I'll probably knit a couple of catnip mice for Zoie and Stash and Hook too, but those are so small I can knit them on Christmas if need be. :)

Don't forget to enter my contest by leaving me your favorite holiday memory. I'll be pulling a name on Saturday night or Sunday morning. You see, Saturday we're going to Cross Hart Farm to pick out a Brittany puppy for Will.

8 comments:

At Wednesday, December 13, 2006 12:09:00 AM, Blogger Ren said...

wow! so much knitting! congratulations on being nearly done with all the christmas knitting! : )

i really like your malabrigo hat... i used some malabrigo for the first time this past week. so soft!

 
At Wednesday, December 13, 2006 10:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love love love Fino! The shawl looks great!!!

 
At Wednesday, December 13, 2006 12:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that's a great group of finished objects. I love the shawl.

 
At Wednesday, December 13, 2006 12:57:00 PM, Blogger AR said...

Yay! You got a lot done. Great pictures!!

 
At Wednesday, December 13, 2006 9:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shawl looks so lovely. I am sure that your grandma will love it.

Yummmmm Malabrigo. I have quite a bit stashed away for sweaters. I can't wait to get to them.

I need a few productive days.

 
At Thursday, December 14, 2006 1:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Grandma shawl!

I made a sweater with malabrigo a while ago and I love how soft it feels!

 
At Thursday, December 14, 2006 1:32:00 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

Wow. You really went to town. Everything looks beautiful!!!

 
At Thursday, December 14, 2006 4:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! Those socks really knitted up great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home