Thursday, December 14, 2006

More Tiny Projects

I cast on for Mike's hat on Tuesday night and finished it last night.

Yarn: Um, some Acrylic crap, but it will wash well
Needle: US 8 Clover Bamboo DPNs
Pattern: Um, kind of like Will's hat, I knit K2P2 ribbing for a while, then stockinette stitch for a while, and finally I worked out the decreases and voila! A hat!

Wednesday night I cast on for Mom's ornament and tonight I finished it up.

Yarn: It came in a kit.
Needle: US 3 Brittany birch DPNs
Pattern: Supplied by the kit
Mods: I used a US 3 instead of a US 5 because I liked the look better.

This was my first attempt at stranded knitting and I have to say it came out much better than I anticipated.

Now, I meant to post yesterday and talk about my kitty catnip toys that I knit up today for Zoie and Stash ( I still have to make one for Hook) and the lace scarf I'm planning with the leftover yarn from Grandma's shawl, but I got distracted. What could distract me?

Blockbuster. You can now take your mailed DVDs to Blockbuster and exchange EACH ONE for an instore rental. AND you get new DVDs mailed out quick-quick-like-a-bunny from your online Queue. So that's like a lot more DVDs a week than I used to get and um, I sort of watched movies last night and I kind of bought a few more (love that 4 for $20 deal) so I'm going to go watch movies and work on a scarf.

Progress tomorrow and don't forget to enter my wee contest. :) I love love love reading your holiday memories. :)

8 comments:

At Thursday, December 14, 2006 10:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice hat - even though it was made from acrylic. LOL

I love the sheep ornament. You did a great job on it. I like yous much more than the one on the site.

 
At Friday, December 15, 2006 9:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That little ornament is adorable!

 
At Friday, December 15, 2006 9:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That little ornament is adorable!

 
At Friday, December 15, 2006 9:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That little ornament is adorable!

 
At Friday, December 15, 2006 11:35:00 AM, Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Great job on the quick FOs! That ornament is really cool too.
=:8

 
At Saturday, December 16, 2006 8:23:00 AM, Blogger AR said...

Nice hat. Acrylic isn't all evil. Uh oh, I'm probably in trouble for saying that!

I love the lil' sheep ornament. Super cute!

 
At Sunday, December 17, 2006 7:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tag, you're it! Read my post today (Sunday) for details :)

 
At Sunday, December 17, 2006 7:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I just noticed that my comment the other day posted 3 times! Sorry about that! Although I do think the ornament is adorable, adorable, adorable :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home