Thursday, October 26, 2006

I think Grandma Carleen would understand.

I haven't finished her shawl. I will not get it done by the Day of the Dead KAL date of Nov. 2. But I think that she would understand that I've been devoting my time to knitting for Kristi's babies. I think that she would also approve of the fact that I finished the third teddy bear tonight even after learning of Kristi's very sad news. I want Baby B to have his teddy.

I also think that she would want me to knit some hats to donate to premature babies on Baby B's behalf. I hope that this will be ok with Kristi. I know that many of us who read her blog were crying today when we heard the news. I don't feel much like blogging tonight. I wish that I could reach out to Kristi across the miles and share her pain.

5 comments:

At Friday, October 27, 2006 8:09:00 AM, Blogger AR said...

It was very sad news. I feel like a friend, even though we've never met in person. My heart hurts for Kristi and her husband.

 
At Friday, October 27, 2006 8:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too cried when I read Kristi's last post. I haven't even met her, but from keeping up with her posts about the 3 babies I really felt like I knew them. My heart just broke.

 
At Friday, October 27, 2006 8:22:00 AM, Blogger Ren said...

i have been debating whether or not to finish the third bunny for kristi, but, now that you say you finished the bears, i think i will go ahead with it... a pair just wouldn't be complete, even with the tragic news about baby B...

 
At Friday, October 27, 2006 11:35:00 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

I just found out now (like within five minutes) ... I didn't read blogs yesterday. I am crushed, and cannot even imagine how Kristi and Noel feel. :( The bears are adorable.

 
At Wednesday, November 01, 2006 5:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are sweet.

I'm so lame, i just stumbled onto the Dutchicans KAL today, so one day to deadline and behind on the very sad news.

You gals are wonderful to have put this thing together for Kristi!!

~Suz~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home