Friday, October 20, 2006

3 Years Ago Today

I brought home this sad sweet little 10 month old smooth collie mix. His name at the shelter was Christopher. He weighed 28 pounds and was severly underfed.


He was sweet and the only dog at the shelter that didn't bark. He sat patiently in his cage while dogs all around him were yapping. He was well-behaved and wonderful when I took him into the yard. I fell in love with him instantly.

He came home with me that night. And the sad thing is that my wonderful, beautiful puppy was almost euthanized. He was a week away from death when I took him home. To this day I still don't know why he was in the shelter for so long and why no one took him home. He is smart, intelligent, and gentle. He is the perfect dog for me. It must have been fate. :)

First night home and the only toy he has never destroyed.

I love him with all my heart. It was rocky going at first and my mom was totally against my having a dog, but he is her "grand dog" now. I can't imagine life without him.

First Christmas together.

I have great Christmas pictures and fun summer pictures and he has destroyed more frisbees than I can count.

My last room mate giving him a bath this spring.

He hates getting a bath and he barks at the dryers at the groomers.

Beau pretending to be a bird dog in October.

I love all of the quirks, like acting like a hunting dog. Nosing under my hand to get attention and giving me that "why are you sad?" or "you're happy? I'm happy!" look.

Beau this spring.


Beauregarde Hamilton, I love you and all of the laughs we have. Happy Anniversary.

8 comments:

At Friday, October 20, 2006 6:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally we get to meet Beau! What a great story and he looks so huggable! Very handsome young man - Hooray for rescued pets! Happy Anniversary!

 
At Friday, October 20, 2006 7:46:00 PM, Blogger CelticCastOn said...

awwww he's gorgeous!
Give him a big hug from me.

 
At Friday, October 20, 2006 8:55:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

What a sweetie! I don't understand people and why they give up their animals like that. Our white lab is not too bright, let's just say that is an understatement. He has destroyed things and many other numerous things to mention and I couldn't imagine giving him away. He is a happy dog and a very loyal companion. I love him even though his bulb is dim. :)

 
At Saturday, October 21, 2006 9:23:00 AM, Blogger AR said...

Beau is very cute. Our dog and cat are rescues, too. He looks like a very good dog. :)

 
At Saturday, October 21, 2006 3:44:00 PM, Blogger - LisaD. said...

What a great tribute to Beau. It's amazing how a pet can change your life,huh?

Our Moose.....did the same for us.

 
At Sunday, October 22, 2006 2:40:00 PM, Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Happy Anniversary! Our fur-kids make our life so meaningful too. We cannot imagine it without them!
=:8

 
At Monday, October 23, 2006 11:21:00 AM, Blogger Kyra said...

What a mug! I especially love the Christmas photo with his little grin. Tell Beau that Hobo says hey!

 
At Monday, October 23, 2006 4:50:00 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

Happy Anniversary!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home