Monday, August 07, 2006

Where have all of the bunnies gone?

Oops! I haven't posted bunny pictures in much too long.

Black Dutch baby bunnies still in the next box. They opened their eyes mere hours before this picture.

Also, two more Christmas projects finished. The scary bright orange stocking cap for Will to hunt in. If he's going to hunt, he's going to be as safe and warm as I can make him. I also finished another wash cloth. We're at eight now. Tonight I'm going to start swatching for the scribble lace curtains. I have yarn wound and needles ready. I can't wait to see what it looks like. I have the ugliest curtains in my house. They actually have parrots on them. Yes, parrots. A beige background with tropical leaves and these pastelish parrots. (Who wants to look at pastel parrots every day?) It is time to replace them, holy sh*t how did I put up with these curtains for four years is too long to look at these ugly curtains.

I may have bought some lovely patterns too. Say maybe Mountain Peaks? Miriam was having a sale on her patterns and oh, what lovely patterns. I didn't even know that she was out there and when I stumbled on her blog, saw the patterns, and found that she had a sale. That was the beginning of the end. I bought four of her patterns. Shameless isn't it?

On another note, does anyone know how to keep a dog off of the couch if you never catch her in the act? All suggestions welcome at this point.

3 comments:

At Monday, August 07, 2006 9:16:00 PM, Blogger needlefingers said...

Re the dog: the cats were lounging on the couch while we were asleep/gone, and we put clear packing tape sticky side up (with the ends tucked under to keep it in place) on them. They've only gotten up on there once since then.

I love Miriam's patterns! I bought Adamas shawl from Knitpicks and plan to start it after the Mystery Stole is over.

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:09:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

There is a spray (Petco maybe?) that you can spray on furniture to keep pets off. It's not cheap though...I think it's about $15 per bottle.
The projects look great. I can't wait to see the curtains. Parrots...really? Hurry up on those curtains. :)

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:14:00 AM, Blogger Dana said...

I can't wait to see your curtains too! I've been toying with making some for the cabin up north.

As far as the dog, mine gets up there constantly and I only know by the warm spot he leaves. I put stuff in front of the couch or gate off the living room completely. It bums him out, but my white couch stays clean(er).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home