Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Sad things

My roommate's mom is in the hospital. I'll give you more details when I have permission.

Someone I knew back home had a fatal accident. She was sweeping and jostled the closet, a gun fell and fired, killing her. Her husband thought that they had cleared the gun of bullets.

I picked up one of the kittens tonight and thought she had an abscess that was exposing. I squeezed it to remove the pus and got something far more disgusting instead. I'm treating her for infection, the puncture wound, and the maggot that came out. I'm not sure how she injured herself, but she acts like she has no problems. I will be taking her to the vet when I return from State Fair.

The injured short haired girl. I cleaned out her wound with peroxide. She doesn't seem to be in an awful lot of pain. No heat, just swelling and some blood. If it gets worse, I've given Monica permission to take her to the vet while I'm gone.

The Fluffy Girl.

All of the other kittens are fine. No other injuries to report or see. So if things keep going well, Stash, as I've been calling her will be right-o very soon.

I'm off to show goats at the State Fair. I may be hit or miss blogging from the Fairgrounds. I will post updates about Stash's condition as I am able.

3 comments:

At Thursday, August 03, 2006 8:51:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Hope your roommate's mom and the little kitty are both doing better soon.

 
At Thursday, August 03, 2006 3:06:00 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

Oh, honey. What a day for you. Please tell me how I can help, ok?

 
At Friday, August 04, 2006 10:53:00 PM, Blogger needlefingers said...

2006 is just plain vindictive. I am so ready for 2007, for everyone's sake.

I hope the vet appt goes well and fixes her right up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home