Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A-D-D-I-C-T-E-D

I'm sitting in my chair slowly rocking as I type this. The yarn is calling to me from the corner. "Kelli. Kelli. You know you want to knit us. Just one more dish raggy, Kelli. You can make just one more raggy tonight." I'm trying very hard to resist. The sweet caress of bright cottons is luring me into never ending raggy splendor. I want to walk down that cotton boll path and revel in the happy instant gratification of raggies forever. Ah, temptation.

I may have given into it slightly. I mean three dish rags in three days isn't so bad, is it? I'm not that addicted, I could stop slow down any time I want to.

Dish rags aren't the only thing on my mind though. I bought some lovely yarn, 8 oz., 500 yds. of merino in a hand dyed colorway called "Duck Season." I'm going to knit something for Will. I don't know what yet, but as my duckie shooting fiance tends to get cold sitting in his cornstalk covered duck blind waiting on ducks in November, it will need to be warm. (Note, I'm not really fond of this hobby, but I try to keep my mouth shut and Will warm.)

There are also four skeins of sock yarn in this picture. Um, well, I bought more sock yarn. I'll confess. Send me your three-ply, your four-ply, your tired sock yarn yearning to be knit.

What better companion to your knitting time than a sweet little kitty? How about five sweet little kitties?

We have Black Boy and Black and White Boy.

Black and White Girl, Black and White Boy, Black Girl (hiding in the bachelor buttons) and Fluffy Girl. (Yes, I know there are two fluffy ones. I generally call them Black Fluffy and Fluffy Girl. Not really original, but I want the new owners to name them.)

These sweeties will be up for adoption (through me) starting Aug. 6. I'm hoping to find really good homes for most of them, but I would be up for keeping one. I'm having Dottie spayed so there will be no more kitties born. I love her kittens, but I whole heartedly believe Bob Barker. (I was a shameless Price Is Right junkie at one point.) "Have your pets spayed or neutered."

4 comments:

At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 9:34:00 PM, Blogger needlefingers said...

That purple yarn on the right is gorgeous. Of course, what purple yarn isn't?

 
At Thursday, July 27, 2006 8:58:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I love the blue yarn. The Duck yarn looks exactly like the colors in duck hunting camo (shadowgrass??). Like you, I really don't go for that hobby...it just sounds stupid and cold, but hey men are idiots.
Our hobbies (women) are knitting warm things like socks, hats, mittens, sweaters...they prefer to sit in cold water and come home and grumble about how cold it was!
The kittens are adorable.

 
At Thursday, July 27, 2006 3:26:00 PM, Blogger Miriam said...

OMG! The kitties are adorable! What color are their eyes? They look gray.

 
At Thursday, July 27, 2006 3:40:00 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

It is amazing how those kitties can make my day.

Love the washrags :) Keep churning 'em out 'till you can't take it no more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home