Monday, July 24, 2006

I didn't forget.

July is the color purple for project spectrum. I just had a few other things to finish first. You know, all of those fair projects that are due Friday. :)

Tonight I sat down and made a great little dish rag. It was the perfect companion for a good movie. In Shining Through Meg Ryan plays a spy who infiltrates a Nazi household. It was a little unbelievable at times, but the love story made up for it.

Here we behold, my first dish rag. So, I made one mistake. Eh, I can live with it. I have a lot of yarn. I can make soooooo many more.

Kristin of Needlefingers my ever so helpful Enabler, set me on the trail of some interchangeable wooden knitting needles. I dutifully viewed them, reviewed them, checked them out again, and then I bought them.


They even came in a purple case. Not my first choice, I liked the blue and green, but it was on back order and I wanted my needles, so we have the second choice, pretty purple.

Needless to say, I tried my needles tonight. Lightweight, good length, nice finish, good join. I think they would be better with more cable options. They also screw on as opposed to my Denise needles which you lock with a quarter turn onto the cable. They are definitely secure, but it does take more time to take them off. I think they might be better with a shorter screw, but I like the tight threading. It will take me a little more time to decide which set I like better, but these are definitely keepers.

I may be late tomorrow night as well as I'm judging down in Daviess county. You know almost in Kentucky? Have a great day tomorrow!

2 comments:

At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 8:15:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I love purple! The needle case is very pretty.

 
At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 3:32:00 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

Purty!

I hope the wood needles continue to work for you. I've been wondering about them, myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home