Saturday, August 05, 2006

Stash is Okey Dokey

Stash has a clean bill of health from the vet. She had a specific kind of parasite that commonly infests wild rabbits. I'm not sure where she picked it up, but I do have quite a few wild rabbits around as I live in the country.

Since I removed the parasite on Wed. and flushed the wound with peroxide, she was already on the mend. The vet checked her over and she will be just fine. Apparently its more common in this area than in my parents. I had never seen or heard of it before.

I'm glad that she is fine and on the mend. She is very comfortable and except for a small scab she is healed, even the swelling is gone.

I also had a good time showing goats, but we loaded out very late last night. I was up into the wee hours of the morning. Luckily I had my knitting with me and finished the second sock for Mom for Christmas. I also made a fast Ipod cozy for Curtis who was showing goats with me. He was very interested in the process and might be another addict convert soon.

Hope your weekend is going well. I'm going to play with Stash for a while. She deserves some loving for her patience.

2 comments:

At Saturday, August 05, 2006 5:20:00 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

I am so glad to hear that Stash is ok after her harrowing ordeal. And you, for that matter!

You're in my thoughts, tired girl

 
At Sunday, August 06, 2006 8:21:00 PM, Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Big bunny hugs to Stash from this little warren. We are still keeping our paws crossed!
=:8

 

Post a Comment

<< Home