Saturday, August 12, 2006

State Fair Happenings

Ok, just the knitting stuff. I volunteered with the Rabbit Ambassador program today and got to go see my projects in the Home and Family Arts Building.

The socks didn't place, but they looked very pretty nestled among the other entrants in the display case. (Those specks in the picture? Those are dirt specks. I'd rather have it on the glass than on my socks though!)

My knitted "knucks" didn't place either, but after seeing my competition I know why. Wow! There were some beautiful handspun projects exhibited at the Fair this year. Check out the scarf with the blue and purple ribbon in the next picture. Oooo la la!

See the lonely red skein? I think I need to make it some brothers and sisters so it isn't as lonely. It didn't place either, but I wasn't expecting it to.

Surprise! My plied silk skein placed second in its class! Look closely, there at the top with the loooooong red ribbon. Yea! I won a second. But where's my shawl? You know, the one that I was blocking at midnight on the floor. That shawl. Well, that shawl was even more of a treat. Imagine my delight when I saw this.

BIG PURPLE RIBBON! I won the knitting sweepstakes! I had the best knitted piece out of 18 knitting categories! There is even a prize. Whee! This was my first year entering knitting at the State Fair. I'm delighted, ecstatic, crazy happy, and I called Ms. Cygknit just to celebrate.


I'm cracking a bottle tonight. Celebrate with me and sniff the yarn.

9 comments:

At Sunday, August 13, 2006 10:23:00 AM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

Congratulations! I used to enter my (very small) area county fair and bring home a few ribbons (but never best of show!) and the prize money let me buy the supplies for my holiday gifts. So sad that the local county doesn't have a fair.

 
At Sunday, August 13, 2006 1:43:00 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

WOW, the pics (sans dirt) are amazing! I'm glad I was a part of the celebration. Hope it was good once you got home, too :)

Congratulations, again!

 
At Monday, August 14, 2006 1:43:00 PM, Blogger Dana said...

Congratulations on the Second place AND the FIRST place!! Great job!

 
At Monday, August 14, 2006 1:50:00 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Congratulations! I entered some stuff at our county fair for the first time this year and so I know how you're feeling. It's Great!

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 9:19:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Congrats! You deserve it!

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 3:57:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Congrats! I'd just leave the ribbon pinned to the shawl and wear it all the time!

 
At Wednesday, August 16, 2006 11:45:00 PM, Blogger - LisaD. said...

Wow! That is beautiful. It's no wonder you won.

 
At Thursday, August 17, 2006 11:06:00 PM, Blogger needlefingers said...

Big congrats on the shawl! Woooooo!

 
At Sunday, August 20, 2006 10:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations, and the shawl is beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home