Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Mmmm, pretty

Silk. I love silk. I love silk even more when its named Bunny Hug. Silkworker silk colorway "Bunny Hug" destined to (hopefully) become lace for a pretty scarf or small stole.

After my rant about my curtains I thought that I should subject my readers to the horror that is my eye burning curtains give you a picture. This is what I've been looking at for four years. New curtains are a must. I'm pleased with the scribble lace so far. We'll see how it looks in a few days. I might decide that it is not quite right and scrap it, but so far so good. The pattern is super easy to memorize too which makes me very happy.

As for the dog, I set a yarn holder on the couch today and it has not been touched. I can live with this solution. A clean couch and I only have to move one small thing. If only it will continue to work.

Stash is fully recovered and expressed her thanks tonight by licking my fingers, for over a minute. I'm not sure why I felt the need to sit there and let her ticklish little tongue slurp my fingers, but I was fascinated by the fact that she wasn't satisfied by a tiny lick. She grabbed my fingers with her little claws and used them as a little reminder when I tried to pull away. As long as I let her lick away she didn't put pressure on my fingers. Very interesting stuff I tell you.

3 comments:

At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 8:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I lived in a house with curtains like that! Of course, I didn't like them either!

 
At Wednesday, August 09, 2006 7:58:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Glad she's feeling better and that you seem to have found a solution to the couch problem.

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006 5:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelli, I want those curtains. They go perfectly with my farm-house decor~Gimme gimme gimme!:-)
Call me when I can pick them up. Or send them back with Will or Joe! :-) Guess who? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home