Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Happy Days

I found a class that I think will be much better. It's a class in the foundations of distance learning. We'll be developing a module and learning how to design adult instructional online courses. Sounds kind of cool to me, know why???? Because I can create an online course that will demonstrate how to SPIN or KNIT or CROCHET. Yeppers, I'm excited. It will be open to anyone who wants to view it. :) That makes me very happy.

In knitting news. I've been practicing the twisted German cast-on that Theresa uses for the "Here There Be Dragons Socks." I used it for the first time with those socks and decided that I wanted to use it on a pair of socks for my dad. I'm happy to say that I remembered how to do it without having to look it up. Woo hoo! I'm using the Knit Picks Memories in Yukon, but I don't have much done yet, so you'll just have to wait a few days for a picture.

Will's socks? Who asked that? I don't know what you're talking about. Ok, maybe I do. The first sock was, um, giant. I did it yet again. I cast on too many and realized it was probably a bit big after about 6 rows. I ripped it out. Hopefully I can restart it in the next few days, but I need to do some swatching for the Carleen shawl this weekend. I have grand ideas, but no real way to translate them yet. In case you haven't figured it out, I've never designed a shawl or a pattern with lace. Hee hee, oops. So, I'm a little ambitious, at least the three headed duck stopped. . . HEY quit that! The d*mn duck is laughing at me again. (The three headed duck would be the second cousin twice removed on the three headed chicken's grandfather's brother's niece's great-aunt's side.)

Ignoring the duck, I've been thinking about what knitting books I have in my library. Ok, I've really been thinking about all of the fiber books I have in my library. Is anyone interested in finding out what books I own and what books I am thinking about buying? Or (more importantly) can you give me a review of books I'm thinking of buying? I'll admit to dark secrets involving the purchase and subsequent . . .

You didn't really think I would give it away did you? Let me know what you think and if I get a consensus I will post my book collection tomorrow.

Don't forget to hug your bunny! (Funny story about that sometime. Remind me in a few weeks to tell you about my first bunny.) :)

4 comments:

At Thursday, August 24, 2006 12:16:00 AM, Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Love hugging my bunnies. However, they are not amused when that happens... Hmm, I wonder WHY? ;)
=:8

 
At Thursday, August 24, 2006 6:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I post about knitting books would be great! I have quite a collection myself.

Very soon I will have a bunny of my own to hug!

 
At Thursday, August 24, 2006 11:32:00 AM, Blogger CygKnit said...

1. What books are you considering?
2. What's wrong with hugging bunnies?
3. My email isn't liking your email, and won't let me send you the question: "Tell me you have some tips for spinning angora..."
4. The Gabby Knitter is getting a bunny? Are you converting others??

 
At Thursday, August 24, 2006 11:49:00 AM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

Ohh! Spinning lessons? On line? Really!? Will they be for drop spindles? I have so many craft supplies, I can't quite see buying a wheel, but a drop spindle? How much can that weigh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home