Friday, August 18, 2006

Ha! I got your goat.

You may have noticed that I've been a bit preoccupied lately. My posts have been a bit, eh short, and a little um, distracted. I have a good reason for this. I swear. It's around here somewhere.

You see, I had this project that I needed to finish. I took a class in weaving last year here at Purdue University and I had one final project on the looms this summer. I designed it myself, warped the loom, and started weaving it.

Then I had to start again.

Um, the goats were looking more like llamas. Slight adjustment and we were back to goats. Only by this time it was the end of June and I had all of those Indiana State Fair projects to do. So the project slipped away until last week when I was down to the wire. It had to be off of the loom before Monday. Why, you ask? Monday is when classes start again and there will be other people that need the loom. I was only borrowing it you know.

This is what I've been working on. I still need to finish the edges and sew the rod in. Yeah, I could have woven it in, but I didn't have a rod with me and I wanted it FINISHED.

Here's a little closer shot. And the quote in the middle a la Knitter Bunny.
How many fiber arts does the Knitter Bunny do? Are there more? This Knitter Bunny she's a sneaky person. She never even mentioned that she knew how to weave.

I don't know what you're talking about. Look! Silk lace from Sundara.

5 comments:

At Friday, August 18, 2006 10:10:00 PM, Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Your work is awesomely well done. And the yarn? It's looking good enough to eat!
=:8

 
At Saturday, August 19, 2006 8:48:00 AM, Blogger CygKnit said...

That Knitter Bunny is a sneaky one!

And those are some nice looking goats :)

 
At Sunday, August 20, 2006 12:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I love it! very beautiful! I wanna learn to weave!!! :D

 
At Sunday, August 20, 2006 2:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how gorgeous your weaving is, you did such a fantastic job with it! And this yarn is so totally yummy, what an awesome color!

 
At Monday, August 21, 2006 10:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear little bunny :-)

Didn't I tell you that you were more than capable of finishing the weaving on time? :-) I am so proud of your diligence and dedication to task. Well done! and it turned out quite nicely, too! (No llamas there!) Hands are clapping! Now conquer the 'raggies' obsessive-compulsive behaviour and you'll be on to that new silk yarn :-)Love, Jayne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home