Thursday, March 22, 2007

What a Glorious Day

First, an FO! I finished my STR sock club socks for the first kit. :)
Lovelies on the sock blockers.

Specs:
Needles: US 1 birch DPNs
Yarn: STR Monsoon, sock club yarn
Pattern: Inside Out, sock club pattern by Kaci
Mods: Well, I never switched needle sizes as is recommended as I didn't find any indication where to switch, so I just knit straight on through. Next time, I would use a smaller needle for the toe and foot, then switch for the heel and leg.

I needed some courage today as I was meeting with my committee for the first time to propose most of my plan of study. So I wore my socks, and they are definitely lucky.


I didn't have any problems with the plan of study I suggested. I received valuable information from my committee and I feel as though great progress has been made.

Crocuses under Japanese Maple

But, beyond that, I'm excited because of these. Spring is definitely on it's way.

Labels:

8 comments:

At Thursday, March 22, 2007 3:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some seriously awesome socks!

Still just snow here. Hopefully we'll be seeing signs of spring soon!

 
At Thursday, March 22, 2007 4:18:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Sounds like I need to bust butt on mine. Especially if they are lucky - I need all that I can get right now.

Glad that things are looking up for you.

 
At Thursday, March 22, 2007 6:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well they definitely look lukcy, they are really, really cute!

And that's a great picture of spring flowers.

 
At Friday, March 23, 2007 10:31:00 AM, Blogger CygKnit said...

Ooooo! The socks are great AND lucky!

Even though I just live 30 minutes south of Kelly, I actually saw snowdrops today (around the snow). I love the first flowers of Spring!

 
At Friday, March 23, 2007 2:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the sockage! ;o)

 
At Friday, March 23, 2007 10:03:00 PM, Blogger iSeL said...

Beautiful Monsoon socks!

 
At Monday, March 26, 2007 7:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looooove those socks!

 
At Tuesday, March 27, 2007 6:42:00 PM, Blogger Suzie said...

I love the way your socks turned out. I'm getting some pooling, but I still love the way they look.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home