Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Scales, the good kind :)

Can't go represent. Indiana to New York is a little too far to go for this bunny. So I'm a little bummed, but not much. I'm playing with a new little toy.



Hel-lo scale. :)

I have a scale that weighs in grams AND ounces. :) Is it silly that this makes me inordinately happy? I purchased this happy little scale at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. It wasn't the most expensive scale or the least, but it suits my needs. Now that I have my scale, there will be fewer "oh shit, I think I'm going to run out of yarn" moments. (At least, I'm really hoping that's true.) Plus I can tell how much roving I have when I can't remember how much I bought. (oops) Also, I can tell how much roving is left when I'm spinning. Um, I'm a bit too happy.
Look! Over there! It's yarn on the wheel. Are you distracted yet? Good. I'm going to go slip away and play with the bunny (who is 100% better now).

Labels: ,

4 comments:

At Wednesday, March 21, 2007 6:33:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

I am so glad to hear that the bunny is doing better and it sounds like you are as well.

I have a mail scale, but it just doesn't seem to weigh small weights very well. :(

 
At Wednesday, March 21, 2007 10:33:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Oh come on! The oh shit moments make knitting more interesting. lol. I made a pair of socks for my son in law and had 14" of yarn left. Now that was an entire toe of "oh shit" knitting.

 
At Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:34:00 PM, Blogger Dana said...

This must be the week to buy scales. I just bought myself one. I have finally realized that I'm incapable of 'eyeballing' when I attempt to split a skein into 2 equal balls.

Have fun with the bunny.

 
At Tuesday, March 27, 2007 11:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that scale - I have at home and I'd be lost without it -

 

Post a Comment

<< Home