Thursday, March 29, 2007

Sock Hunter Episode 2: Trajedy Befalls the Mate**


Imagine my excitement when I spotted this beauty in the tree. The mate to the sock that I spotted mere days ago. My excitement was threefold as I spotted the nest behind her. Surely this is a good sign of more "Go-eth With the Flow-ers*" socks to come. Or perhaps an even more exciting find, a new specie of socks. My heart was pitter-pattering and I feared that the sock had become wise to my stalking when it suddenly flitted to the ground where I captured this rare moment.

Socks in a rare embrace

I was shocked moments later to discover that the mate had met a terrible fate** at the fangs of a black sock stalking cat. I paused mournfully over the remnants of such a beautiful and long-legged specimen. Such is the cycle of life with these socks.



Join the Sock Hunter next time for more exciting stalking of the wild and illusive socks of West Lafayette. ;)



*(Evelyn Clark's "Go With the Flow" socks, knit in Apple Laine Apple Pie in Deep Sea on US 1 1/2 DPNs)


**(No socks were actually harmed in the making of this episode.)

Labels:

10 comments:

At Thursday, March 29, 2007 9:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like one of those "Don't try this at home" stunts. :) Beautiful socks.

 
At Thursday, March 29, 2007 11:00:00 AM, Blogger Dana said...

PHEW! I was about to contact P.E.T.S. (People for the Ethical Treatment of SOCKS). Crisis diverted.

See you Sunday??!!

 
At Thursday, March 29, 2007 12:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely socks, good story!

 
At Thursday, March 29, 2007 3:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job on the socks!

 
At Thursday, March 29, 2007 7:19:00 PM, Blogger needlefingers said...

You, my dear, are a hoot.

Watch out for those Opal Crocodiles! ;)

 
At Friday, March 30, 2007 9:56:00 AM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Ok I about wet myself reading this. =) I am glad that nothing bad happend to them. They are a beautiful pair.

 
At Friday, March 30, 2007 10:56:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

I'm glad you spoted another sock in the wild. Really pretty pair.

 
At Friday, March 30, 2007 11:46:00 PM, Blogger aija said...

That must have been one hungry kitty.

(Lovely socks! AL is one of those yarns I need to try soon...)

 
At Sunday, April 01, 2007 6:59:00 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Hey! I saw those socks on your feet today! :-)

Great to meet you, Kelli.

 
At Monday, April 02, 2007 7:29:00 PM, Blogger Larjmarj said...

LOL,..Good one....Nice to meet you the other day at the Harlot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home