Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Sock Hunter Episode 1: Socks in the Wild


I was able to capture this photo of the very rare "Go-eth With the Flow-ers*" sock in the wild. In an attempt to blend in with the scenery it froze trying to camouflage itself with the brightly colored daffodils. I was barely able to snap my picture before this sock had run lightly away on it's 40% wool, 30% mohair, 20% silk, 10% nylon sole.

This was a grand specimen for it's kind being much longer legged than is generally seen. I feel blessed to have witnessed this rare sock and hope to capture a picture of it with it's mate soon. This is the Sock Hunter signing off.

*(aka Evelyn Clarks Go With the Flow pattern)

Labels:

10 comments:

At Tuesday, March 27, 2007 1:05:00 PM, Blogger Dana said...

Wow, pretty sock!! Will you be hunting it's mate in Ann Arbor this weekend?

 
At Tuesday, March 27, 2007 4:14:00 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

That's a great sock! And wow! Check out the daffodils in full bloom too!

 
At Tuesday, March 27, 2007 4:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I love it! The sock looks great. I'll be keeping an eye out for it's mate!

Beautiful spring flowers!

 
At Tuesday, March 27, 2007 5:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am laughing myself silly, Kelli! That is your best blog ever:-)

Keep up the good work and be wary...this variety of wild sock is known to multiply, and before you know it, you'll need three feet to wear the set! :-)

Love, Jayne :-)

 
At Tuesday, March 27, 2007 5:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. Your time clock is off and hour, Kelli! Jayne

 
At Tuesday, March 27, 2007 6:43:00 PM, Blogger Suzie said...

Beautiful sock and gorgeous flowers. What could be better?

 
At Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:19:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

LMAO!!!! You crack me up. The sock is very pretty and wow look at the daffodils.

 
At Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:21:00 PM, Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

OHOHOH!! Which yarn did you use?? If you say Apple Laine, I will have to go and get some!
Bunny hugs,
=:8

 
At Tuesday, March 27, 2007 10:33:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Wow, it blended in so well I probably wouldn't have noticed it myself. You have a well trained eye to pick out the hiding sock.

 
At Wednesday, March 28, 2007 4:01:00 PM, Blogger CelticCastOn said...

NO NO NO MORE SOCKS! I CAN'T TAKE IT!!! I"M DYING TO KNIT SOCKS BUT I NEED TO GET THESE OTHER THINGS FINISHED FIRST.
I do love it though :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home