Friday, February 02, 2007

Have You Heard?

Today is the Second Annual Brigid in Cyberspace Silent Poetry Reading. In honor of this, I am sharing one of my poems.

Untitled

and once when I was falling
falling from so high
and downward ever spiraling
through clouds of lullabies
a deep and endless dreaming
was there within my reach
but the moon was brightly beaming
to sweep those dreams beyond my reach
how I want that falling
to fall again so high
then downward ever spiraling
through clouds of lullabies


On an entirely different track, have you heard about the Cherry Tree Hill contest? I had no idea, until my friend (and fellow knitter) Mary Anne called me. I pooh-poohed the idea of designing something. And then, I had an idea. A very gripping idea. An insane idea that I'm not sure I can pull off, but I have until June 1. Shhh, please, I'm trying not to think about it.

To finish off this post, I finished a scarf. Did I even tell you about this little beauty? ONE skein of Malabrigo, I think the color might be Vaa??? I used all but about 10 inches of the 216 yards of this stuff. Knit on size 10 needles, in the pattern "big bamboo" from the Vogue Knitting Stitchionary: Volume 2. Oh, baby I love this scarf!

Labels: , ,

2 comments:

At Friday, February 02, 2007 8:13:00 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I'm enjoying this poem thing that everyone else seemed to hear about but me..but hey.

Wow, that's a lot of sock yarn to use for a pattern. I'd never win, I'd come up with something too weird!

 
At Friday, February 02, 2007 9:50:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

OOOohhhh! Malabrigio! Excuse the drool on my computer screen! I have a sweater's worth just waiting for inspiration. It can't have too much pattern with all the color variation. But of how soft it is. I love the look of it in that pattern.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home