Monday, January 29, 2007

Fibery Decorating

I finally took Christmas down last week and I needed to put some sort of decoration on the fireplace. So, I looked around my house for inspiration and what do you think I found? Why yarn, roving, and fibery tools, of course! As fiber and its many manifestations has taken over my life in the last few years, I decided to make a display with some of my tools, yarn, and other fibery things. Hence, my first picture of this post, my fireplace with fibery pursuits.

I also managed to block my scarf, though it became more of a short shawl, and wash my socks. That was about it though as Beau and I are still sick. Here's a pic of the blocked shawl/scarf. I made several mistakes in this, but as it was practice for the heavy lace knitting I'll be doing this year, I chose not to correct the mistakes. I love the way this blocked out, though I should have encouraged it to be longer and skinnier.



I'm going to go curl up in my chair and work on Will's socks. Well, maybe my sweater. No wait, the shawl that I started! Or maybe I'll cast on a scarf. :)

Labels: , ,

5 comments:

At Monday, January 29, 2007 11:28:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Sorry that you are still under the weather.

The shawl looks really great!

Love the new decor.

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 12:57:00 AM, Blogger Ren said...

oooh, i like the scarf/shawl! blocked lace always looks so elegant...

hope you feel better soon!

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 9:00:00 AM, Blogger AR said...

The shawl looks nice! I love your little spinning/fibery set-up, too.

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 10:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the fibery decorating :)

The shawl is gorgeous!

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 3:50:00 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling better :( I've been out of town and only now catching up on posts. Hope you and Beau recover soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home