Thursday, January 25, 2007

Violets on Parade

Several months ago, I bought some african violet cuttings from Optimara. My cuttings have grown into beautiful plants (I lost two of the ten cuttings that I bought), and I'm finally getting some blossoms. Both of my Little Cheyenne Girl plants have burst into flower.

One of my unnamed (bought from Lowe's) plants is flowering. Plus one other plant is flowering again (no pic, sorry).

I had a little help while I was taking pictures today. Namely, one squeaky clean and mischievous Zoie-cat. She was peaking around the table in such a cute way, that I took a picture to show you. :)


As proof that you can knit while pedaling on Wesley, I give you finished Fleece Artist Amethyst socks!

Specs:
Yarn: Fleece Artist "Amethyst" 100% Wool, 325 m
Needle: US 2 Brittany Birch DPNs
Pattern: My standard 2 inch K2P2 cuff, stockinette leg, short row heel, stockinette foot, and four point toe (love my plain jane socks)


I love the Fleece Artist. I can't thank Sherri at the Loopy Ewe enough for sending me my yarn quick quick when I ordered it in December. I'm already planning to crack into the third skein to make socks for Will. :)

Labels: , ,

7 comments:

At Thursday, January 25, 2007 11:59:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

What an adorable little kitty face peeking at you. Glad to hear Wes and knitting go together well.

 
At Friday, January 26, 2007 4:18:00 AM, Blogger CelticCastOn said...

awwww Zoie girl, what a cutie!!
biking and knitting wooo hoooo look at you go. Fleece artist IS awesome!!!

 
At Friday, January 26, 2007 10:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure you can knit and pedal at the same time, but a recumbant bike is easier than an upright one. I knit while pedaling at the gym all the time. The only folks who think it is odd are the ones who don't knit!

 
At Friday, January 26, 2007 3:25:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

The violets are so pretty. I love violets.

The kitty looks like out 2 black ones. They are always peaking out from behind something.

The socks are quite lovely. It might just be my monitor, but they look like they match the violets quite well. :)

 
At Friday, January 26, 2007 9:04:00 PM, Blogger needlefingers said...

Of course, you know I love the socks. :)

 
At Saturday, January 27, 2007 1:08:00 PM, Blogger AR said...

Your violets look so nice! Mine aren't doing so hot. Zoie doesn't look too bad after her bath. :)

 
At Sunday, January 28, 2007 2:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful violets and gorgeous socks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home