Sunday, January 28, 2007

I feel icky


And Beau does too. He looked so sad in his little bed last night that I took a picture just to prove it. Doesn't he look sad and a little under the weather? I know I feel like he looks, achy head, stuffed up nose and ears, and a sore throat. I've had two cups of tea this evening and I think I need a third. ** That is his pillow and blanket. He just happened to be in a position that I could cover him with the blankie to get the picture. :)


I did manage to get a bit of knitting done this weekend. I finished up this scarf from Victorian Lace Today, but haven't blocked it yet. Better pictures when I do finally get it blocked. I used Alpaca With a Twist laceweight leftover from Grandma's Scribble shawl. I went down a needle size from the suggested and used a US 6 for the body and a US 4 for the border. I had some trouble with the edging as I apparently can't read the corners correctly. I fudged it since this is just a practice piece.


If you're keeping track, this meant that I only had one project on the needles, my sweater. Instead of working on my sweater, I promptly cast on for something else for me. Gloves! Then I went and finished them since I'm feeling icky and didn't want to leave my chair.

Yarn: Scout's Swag, Appletini, ? yardage, 100% wool
Needles: US 1 Britanny Birch DPNs
Pattern: Ann Budd's Handy Book of Patterns (slightly modified to fit my hand better)


Of course, I now only have the sweater on the needles again, but I'm about to remedy that. I'm going to cast on toe-up socks for Will in the Ebony Fleece Artist, and another lace weight shawl in the next day or two. I may not be up to posting in the next few days, but I'll try my best. :)

Labels: , , ,

8 comments:

At Monday, January 29, 2007 3:04:00 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Well shoot, for "practice" that looks pretty good.

I hope you and Beau feel better soon!

 
At Monday, January 29, 2007 3:14:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Sorry you are so under the weather. I hope you feel better soon.

Wow for a test piece that is wonderful! I can only imagine how great the real thing will look.

Word ver. scexx LOL

 
At Monday, January 29, 2007 4:31:00 PM, Blogger AR said...

Oh, poor Knitterbunny and Beau. He does look ill.

Great knitting, though! I love the color of the gloves.

 
At Monday, January 29, 2007 5:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww poor Beau and you. I hope you feel much better by now.

I love those green gloves, you'll never get lost in a snow storm!

 
At Monday, January 29, 2007 5:35:00 PM, Blogger CelticCastOn said...

awwwwww Beau looks sooo darn cuuuuute! I want to give him a big hug!!!
Your "practice piece looks GREAT as do your glovies :)
Get well soon twinny, only don't give it to me k???? I don't wanna be sick going away :)

 
At Monday, January 29, 2007 7:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful scarf! The gloves are so cool! Hope you feel better soon.

 
At Monday, January 29, 2007 7:42:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

The gloves look great! Love the color. And the scarf looks good too.

Hope you and Beau feel better soon.

 
At Monday, January 29, 2007 10:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gloves look very cool and the color is GREAT! Hope you and beau feel better soon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home