Sunday, February 04, 2007

Brrr, Can I Get Some 30 Degree Weather?

First, DAMN the contractor that though it was a good idea to put my kitchen pipes three friggin' inches away from my west wall. Yesterday my cold water pipe froze. I cursed it, I plead with it, and I kicked the cabinet door (that really didn't work). I even sacrificied my own little space heater that I use to keep my toes and bedroom warm, and it wouldn't thaw. I contemplated calling for help, but damn it, I had fixed this before. I held my yarn and self-soothed most of the afternoon, listening as I heard a pathetic drip . . . drip. Then I suffered through a constant dribbling of water until it finally started running again at 10pm. TEN AT NIGHT. Grrrr. Today my hot water pipe froze. I'm still attempting to thaw it. We will not go into the state of my sanity nor my knitting at this point.

Second, bless my clothes dryer. Nothing beats a piping hot bathrobe when you get out of the shower, especially when you are attempting to thaw pipes. Nothin'.

Third, red heat lamp bulbs are really scary looking after dark when they light up the two windows in your bunny barn. REALLY SCARY. They also have the effect of making me somewhat blind when I am in the barn. This is not a good thing. I will be replacing this bulb as soon as I can.

Finally, bless you "Biography" channel for your free preview on the weekend when you are running a Murder She Wrote and Poirot marathon. Bless you.

While I am not exactly appeased by the movies, they do help me cope with my frozen pipes. I'm going to go knit now, I'm still waiting for the drip . . . drip.

Labels: ,

8 comments:

At Sunday, February 04, 2007 11:25:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Oh crap! Sorry that your pipes are frozen. It has been really cold here too. We are going down to 2 degrees tonight and it is only supposed to get up to 17 tomorrow. We have been contending with high winds too. It is crazy.

Glad to hear that your bunnies are staying warm even though the heaters are scarry and blinding. I am sure that they appreciate it.

 
At Monday, February 05, 2007 6:30:00 AM, Blogger CelticCastOn said...

awww Kel!
Why in the world would he move your pipes there???
I say you oughta get in bacl in and give him a severe beating!
Stay warm!

 
At Monday, February 05, 2007 9:33:00 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Oof. That sucks. Big time.

But boy I can't wait to come back to that stuff! It was 70 yesterday. 70. In February. That's just SO WRONG.

The red bunny lights made me laugh...hee hee!!!

 
At Monday, February 05, 2007 11:05:00 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

Oh no! I've heard a lot about frozen pipes these days. Brrrr. I hope they unfreeze and keep that way. You're right, there's nothing better than a warm bathrobe after getting out of a warm shower. We have hot water radiator heating in our house so I toss my robe onto the rad in the bathroom and by the time I'm done with the shower it is toasty warm.
Happy Knitting!

 
At Monday, February 05, 2007 1:04:00 PM, Blogger AR said...

Oh no! Frozen pipes. I'd take 30 degrees, as it's been so cold here, that would seem nice and warm!

At least the bunnies are staying warm!

 
At Monday, February 05, 2007 8:25:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

The pipes in my kitchen use to freeze all the time. My fix was to put insulation behind them and to leave the cabinet doors open all winter.

 
At Monday, February 05, 2007 8:29:00 PM, Blogger needlefingers said...

I feel your pain on the water pipes. 29 years spent 'on the prairie', with no windbreak from the north or west (or south or east, for that matter), meant plenty of frozen pipes. Or, busted pipes, or busted water pump, or . . . .

Ain't winter grand? :P

 
At Monday, February 05, 2007 9:41:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Can you not put yarn into the wall to insulate?? Hope the drip starts soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home