Monday, December 04, 2006

Mantle Pieces are LONG


I finished the matle piece for my office manager. It was a bit longer than I anticipated. It stretched all the way across mom's bed on the diagonal.

Yarn: Cascade Sierra 80% pima cotton, 20% wool

Pattern: My own. Green stripe is dot stitch, cream stripe is broken rib stitch, and the chocolatey brown stripe is seed stitch. I increased on the ends on every row to point it and decreased on the other side to match. :)

Needles: Denise Knitting Needles Interchangeable set, size 6 I think.


I think it came out quite well.

I'm feeling better today. I have one paper down and one to write. I'm flying out Friday and back on Monday for the bunny show. I've been in touch with my friends out there and I can't wait to see them. While I'm thinking about it, does anyone know where to find the FAA letter that allows knitting needles? I want to have a copy with me so that I can prove that I'm allowed to have them, just in case I'm asked.

5 comments:

At Monday, December 04, 2006 8:40:00 PM, Blogger AR said...

Pretty colors!

When I flew, I went to the website for the airline I was using, and there was a link to a pdf file that you could save that listed knitting needles as ok.

 
At Monday, December 04, 2006 10:55:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Wow that is long. It looks great. Wish we had a mantle, but sadly we have no fire place. I am sure your office manager is going to love it.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

 
At Tuesday, December 05, 2006 11:53:00 AM, Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Gorgeous mantle! And when I flew home for the Thanksgiving holiday, the flight attendants let me knit my sock with circulars the entire time during the take-off and landing. Maybe because knitting is calming? It was welcome news, nonetheless.
=:8

 
At Tuesday, December 05, 2006 12:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it came out really well. What a good idea. I wonder if my MIL would like something like that for their downstairs mantle. hmmm. thanks for the idea.

 
At Tuesday, December 05, 2006 11:42:00 PM, Blogger needlefingers said...

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm#0

I have heard that the final decision rests with the person who is conducting the checks, so hopefully you will get an agreeable soul.

Happy knitting and traveling!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home