Monday, November 27, 2006

Such a Pleasant Weekend, Can I Go Back?

I had a marvelous time with Will this weekend. I bought candles. Lots of candles. It made me very happy. Will didn't even complain, he just followed me around carrying candles. In fact, he was so good, I took him out to dinner at Applebee's.

Well, after I went to Threadbear and he followed me around Threadbear carrying my yarn and accessories. :) What's that? You want pictures? Hmmm, then I think I need to oblige.


I took these quickly just before I checked out. And I feel the need to mention that they don't have a roadside sign. Yep, we drove by it three times before we found them. I had to call the store to find out where they were. So, if you are reading this and planing on making your first trip to Threadbear, look for the sign that says "Quilt Depot," turn in there. And yes, Will did say as we passed it the first time, "Look, the Quilt Depot! That must be a good sign." Ah, you really do love me honey.



I have to say though, just walking into the place and looking for yarn that strikes you isn't likely to yeild a purchase. I got the impression that you really needed to have an idea of what you wanted because there is a lot of yarn, but it was almost too organized and streamlined for me. I guess you could say I like a little controlled chaos in my yarn stores.

I did manage to find a few goodies though. A bit of Malabrigo on Cynthia's suggestion. Will picked out the autumn forest color on the top for a hat for himself and the other skein is a subtly variegated dark green that he picked out for me. I'm planning on making a scarf and if I need to, using a bit of contrasting yarn on the ends. :) Sorry that the picture is so dark, late night and artificial light, and all that.

Plus Ann Budd's Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns, some blocking clips, and the blue and green Chibi's. I already had the orange one and just wanted to work on the rest of the collection. :)

While I was there, I also found some neat little project and accessory holders. There was a very sweet woman selling these cute little handmade pyramidal project bags. She had some ingenius hand card holders, flick carder holders, and roving bags too. I did restrain myself and just picked up a bag for myself and two bags as gifts.

The rabbit show the next day went really well. I bought two more rabbits (like I needed any more rabbits) and found a rabbit for a 4-H member. Then Will and I made a beeline for home.

All in all, it was a great weekend and one I would love to repeat. Next time though, I'm going to hit more yarn stores. Hello, Rae's Yarn Boutique! You're next on my list. :)

8 comments:

At Monday, November 27, 2006 11:10:00 PM, Blogger AR said...

Sounds like a fun trip. I love the color of your yarn!

 
At Tuesday, November 28, 2006 12:17:00 AM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

What a fun trip. Threadbear looks like a nice store.

I love malabrigo! We call it yarn crack. LOL

Glad that your long weekned went well and yay for getting more rabbits.

 
At Tuesday, November 28, 2006 7:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cool...that same lady must sell her bags at Ewe-nique Knits in Royal Oak, because I have the brown one!

Thanks for the heads-up on finding Threadbear too, I've heard it's hard to find but no one ever posted help finding it!

 
At Tuesday, November 28, 2006 9:10:00 AM, Blogger CelticCastOn said...

ohhh sounds like a great weekend.
Will and Moose would make a great pair in yarn stores cause thats just what he does with me, follows me around carrying yarn heheh :)
ohhh Show us your new bunnies PLLLLEASE!!! Didn't you get me one too?????

 
At Tuesday, November 28, 2006 2:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those little bags are very easy to make-I have the pattern and it is available at any quilting store.
They take very little fabric and a short zipper and about 1 hour tops to make.

 
At Tuesday, November 28, 2006 2:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Don't you just love a man that will happily follow and carry stuff, and even point out stores. They are so worth keeping!

So what do you do with the bunnies?

 
At Tuesday, November 28, 2006 4:49:00 PM, Blogger aija said...

Sounds like a great time! I love those handmade bags... I think handmade accessories are just a great compliment to knitting stuff.

 
At Tuesday, November 28, 2006 4:53:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

No fair! I want to go to Threadbear!! They used to be about 3 hours away from me. Now they are too far for a quick visit.
OK, give up the vest story!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home