Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Travel, Tales, and Trees

Well, after a few bumps in the road, things evened out at my conference. What kind of bumps you might be asking? How about not having a room for starters? Then getting lost in downtown Indianapolis and driving around and around the hotel that you need to get to and not realizing it? And waiting for 4 1/2 hours until you could get a room?

That was the biggest bump in my whole trip, and though I didn't get to any yarn stores, I most certainly made it to Circle Center mall. I found a few little things for Will for Christmas and I bought myself a few little luxury goods too. I mean I deserved a little treat myself after working on the conference, right? Especially when I was given a framed certificate of appreciation signed by my boss and his boss right? :)

It's my first framed certificate of appreciation. It's signed by some higher ups too, not mentioning any names of course. I was floored, I had no idea that it was coming. I almost cried. When I get the picture back, I'll try to post it.

And lest you think that there wasn't knitting content, let me assure you that there was. Will's sweater is possessed of two arms and a partial yoke. I'm cruising right along now, back in the round and planning a crew neck. I have several other projects that I can't wait to start, so I am looking forward to finishing this too.

Just to entertain your fancy while you're here, I took two pictures of the monument downtown close to my hotel. For Christmas they stretch garland and lights from the top to the bottom and at night it is lit up and looks just like a Christmas tree.


Check out the reindeer, trees, candy canes, and nutcrackers. Interesting decorating items don't you think?

3 comments:

At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 7:42:00 PM, Blogger AR said...

The candy cane looks yummy. Can you tell I've been dieting? hehe

Congrats on your certificate. I probably would have cried!

And, sorry you got lost.

 
At Thursday, November 16, 2006 5:23:00 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

Yay! Clever bunnies deserve awards.

 
At Friday, November 17, 2006 9:33:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Congratulations on your certificate. It is nice that they realize the work you did.

Indy is a bit confusing to me too. Sorry that the hotel didn't have a room ready for you and you had to wait so long.

It's a shame that you didn't get to do any yarn store shoping, but at least you were able to get to the mall and got yourself something. YES you do desirve something for all your hard work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home