Thursday, November 09, 2006

Delightful, Don't You Think?

Kristi sent me a happy little birthday gift. When I opened the box, I smelled a heady aroma of pumpkin and spices. What had she sent me? Soap! oooo, smelly, happy, tasty (don't worry I didn't lick it), delicious (I didn't!) Pumpkin Spice scented soap.

And in that box, there was something else that was smelly, happy, tasty, and delicious as well . . . Koigu! My very first Koigu in pretty fall colors that make me want to forget everything else I am knitting and design socks with a little leaf panel along the leg. Why, you ask? So that I can have (brace yourselves for the pun) falling leaves. ha ha As for what's going on here at the bunny ranch, I've got a teeny bit of a head cold and two papers that I need to finish up to turn in tomorrow. I also have tomorrow off. I will have to go into work for a couple of hours because the conference I have been working with the last two months starts Monday, but I can go in late and leave early! Oh, and I turned the heel on Will's socks which I will be knitting on during CSI tonight (LOVE the original). Plus I am through 8 of the 10 repeats on one of the sweater sleeves.

I am trying desparately to resist casting on any new projects and keep finishing Will's. We'll see how much longer that lasts. ;)

6 comments:

At Thursday, November 09, 2006 8:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What yummy looking yarn and the soap sounds wonderful. What a nice gift.

 
At Thursday, November 09, 2006 9:29:00 PM, Blogger CelticCastOn said...

ohhhhh I don't know if I could resist that one! Its gorgeous!

 
At Thursday, November 09, 2006 10:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you liked it! Happy belated b-day.

 
At Thursday, November 09, 2006 10:54:00 PM, Blogger AR said...

Nice, nice gifties! Hope you feel better soon!

p.s. your fireplace is beautiful!

 
At Thursday, November 09, 2006 11:18:00 PM, Blogger Ren said...

oooh, that looks so yummy!

you definitely have me pegged... totally afraid of the sockies! after christmas, though, i will tackle them : )

 
At Thursday, November 09, 2006 11:48:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Oooooo Koigu! You just have to love it.

Hopefully you will kick the cold really quick.

Good luck on staying on track with your knitting. Remember will power. LOL

Oh I love the original CSI too. It was good tonight, but they left us hanging again on the miniture houses. Ahhhhh!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home