Saturday, November 11, 2006

Socks for Will


Yarn: Fearless Fibers Deepest Forest, Superwash 100% Merino wool 550 yds, and I had a good portion left over even knitting for a man with size 12 feet
Pattern: Basic sock pattern, 2 inch K2P2 cuff, stockinette leg and foot, short row heel, and the Harlot's basic toe with alteration (knit two decrease rows instead of a decrease row, knit row, decrease row at the end)
Needles: Brittany Birch US 2 DPNs (the short ones)

Lots to do to get ready for the conference on Monday and Tuesday so I won't be blogging until Tuesday night or Wednesday night at the earliest. Hope you all have a great weekend. :)

3 comments:

At Saturday, November 11, 2006 11:45:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

They look great!!! Humm you had yarn left over. I might have to look into that. My husband wears a 16 - 17 (depending on the shoe). I have some malabrigo that I am going to make him a pair of house socks with.

Good luck at the conference.

 
At Monday, November 13, 2006 1:37:00 AM, Blogger Larjmarj said...

Nice looking socks. I have a hard time knitting them for my hub with his size 13.5 feet! He has ONE pair.

 
At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:40:00 AM, Blogger AR said...

Great man socks! The color's really neat. My hubby has big feet, too. That's one reason he only has one pair of handknitted socks from me. The other is that he doesn't wear them, so he's not getting another pair until he does! hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home