Monday, October 09, 2006

I Know What You Did . . .


Last Thursday. Cheesy I know. :) Mom called me to see how I was feeling as I was sick on Monday and Tuesday. She mentioned that Donya was asking for donations for the professional fraternity auction and Mom didn't know if she wanted to put something in. Cue the good daughter Kelli offering to knit a scarf like I did last year.

So I trucked down to my LYS after work on and perused the shelves looking for a yarn that was "fall" colored. I couldn't find anything that really spoke to me until I saw the Alpaca With A Twist Landscapes in "Fire Island." But wait! I have that yarn at home. No need to buy more.

But if I don't buy anything isn't it a wasted trip to the LYS????? Of course it is. So I bought this instead.

Yummy. 100% Alpaca. 665 yards in black. I had been looking for this yarn after I bought a stash reduction hank off of eBay. It's Prime Alpaca grown in the high Andes of Peru. ( and no, that's not Peru, IN either!) This yarn has been in LYS for months. It's been staring me in the face and I was too dazed by all of the colorful yarns to notice this little piece of heaven.

Now let's skip forward to Saturday night, because I finished the first sock for Josh and started the second. No second sock syndrome here!

This is Knit Picks Memories in "Fly Fishing." Sorry for the dark picture, fall and all that.

And a little birdy told me that she might have gotten her bunny. :) I want a post with pictures!!!!

5 comments:

At Monday, October 09, 2006 7:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't alpaca YUMMY!!! I'm intrigued to see your yarn for the scarf now

 
At Tuesday, October 10, 2006 6:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the colors of the sock!

 
At Tuesday, October 10, 2006 9:27:00 AM, Blogger AR said...

Mmmm Alpaca! I like your sock, too!

 
At Tuesday, October 10, 2006 3:42:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I would have run up to see Elizabeth and the gang, but a drive to WL from Indy might have been too much for a skein of yarn.
Love those gloves! I hate doing the fingers so I stick to mittens.

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 9:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmm...allergic to Alpaca so that does nothing for me *g* I do like the colors of the sockage, though :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home