Thursday, September 28, 2006

One Baby Cardi Done!

Yea! One baby cardi with buttons done! It's so cute and its blocking in the laundry room right now. I figure if I have to dry my clothes I may as well put that radiant heat to use right?

The particulars: Needle Size US 8 and 6, circular for the body and DPNs for the sleeves.

Yarn: Cascade Sierra 80% pima cotton, 20% wool, 191 yards/skein

Pattern: Jimmy Beans Wool "Sweater Gift Set" free pattern

Started Sunday, finished tonight.

This turned out really cute, but there are things that I would change if I knit this again. Even though I went from a size 8 needle to a size 6 for the neckband, sleeve cuffs, and button bands, I'm not happy with how they turned out.

I also discovered that I'm not really all that happy knitting cardigans. If I decide to use this pattern again I'm going to do the math and figure out how to knit this sucker in the round. No baby cardi, just a bitty sweater.

I start my Kristi baby knitting tonight! :)

5 comments:

At Friday, September 29, 2006 8:30:00 AM, Blogger AR said...

So cute! Let me know when you figure it out in the round. That's the only way to knit! :)

 
At Friday, September 29, 2006 12:50:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love it! I haven't tried baby sweaters yet...I'm still stuck on socks and shawls and hats...but I have a lot of new little ones in my extended family, so I'm going to be headed the baby-wear route soon! :)

 
At Friday, September 29, 2006 6:09:00 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

Its gorgeous! :)

 
At Saturday, September 30, 2006 7:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater is adorable!

 
At Monday, October 02, 2006 10:00:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

So CUTE! You did a great job!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home