Friday, September 22, 2006

Snowball, my First Fiber Bunny

When I was little my parents left me with my Grandma Slack while they went on a trip to California. During this trip I cried, a LOT, and Mom felt bad for wee little Kelli left at home. Since we raise sheep and it was a trip involving sheep, Mom found the perfect gift for Kelli. A bunny made from a sheep fleece*! (And my dad always wondered why I loved rabbits. ;) )

Kelli fell in love with the fleece bunny and promptly named it Snowball. Snowball and Kelli went on many adventures. The bunny was well loved and well worn, so much so that Snowball had to be retired to the top of the closet to prevent deterioration at one point. Luckily, Kelli remembered her sweet little fleece bunny when she came to college, and Snowball has a prominent display in the bunny gallery in Kelli's bedroom.

Snowball, loved, worn, and in all of her glory. :)

*This fleece bunny may have seriously contributed to my love of rabbits instead of sheep as well as a propensity to stick my nose in wool and sniff deeply. I always did like the way that rabbit smelled.

4 comments:

At Friday, September 22, 2006 11:41:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

What a sweet little bunny. I was a Le Mutt kid. It was a stuffed dog with long ears. I loved that stuffed animal for the longest time. He has been packed away in one of my boxes of stuffed animals. I need to find him and give him a special place in our new home.

 
At Saturday, September 23, 2006 5:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice that you still have it.I had a stuffed monkey growing up but I couldn't tell you where it is now.

 
At Saturday, September 23, 2006 10:20:00 AM, Blogger CygKnit said...

What a sweet (and influential) bunny! Does it still smell like sheep? I had a stuffed monkey, too, but mine had a music box in it. I would only listen to the lullaby one time, so he'd always play it. Then my sister gave it to the dog.

 
At Saturday, September 23, 2006 6:07:00 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Aw.....he is such a cutie-pie! My daughter felt the same way about her Cabbage Patch! Aileen the Cabbage Patch doll is now in college getting ready to graduate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home