Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Socktoberfest, Socks, and Poems Oh My!

One finished Grandma sock. :) Lionbrand Magic Stripes something or other that has been in my stash since John Kerry was running for President. Um, it was time to use it.

And please note that I have cast on for sock number two, so no SSS here!

Speaking of socks, did someone say Socktoberfest? I did! I've joined Lolly's tribute to all things socky for the month of October. It makes me immensely happy to spread the love of the sock. All hail handknit socks, full of yarn and love. Koi-gu! (Blatant play on religious symbolism, mock me if you dare.)

And because I am just that crazy, I wrote a poem. A nice little poem, untitled as of yet, that involves the fibery goodness that we all enjoy. It follows:

Prepare for me a sunset
painted in purple and blue
with streaks of orange and red and gold
and all the other hues

Paint them with gentle brush strokes
on the canvas of the sky
and dye for me some roving
to spin by-and-by

Knit for me the rainbow
with love in every stitch
ever worn with memories
knit in inch-by-inch

Hugs from Knitter Bunny to you!

2 comments:

At Thursday, September 21, 2006 8:01:00 AM, Blogger Beth said...

I joined too. There are over 800 people signed up. it's huge!
Thanks for the heads up.

 
At Thursday, September 21, 2006 8:02:00 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Love the poem by the way. My brain doesn't work like that so I am amazed when people sit down and then have a poem. My one daughter does it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home