Sunday, September 24, 2006

Confession is Good for the Soul

At least that's what I've heard. So I'm coming out with it. Grandma's socks are finished!



And I cast on for a pair of gloves for Mom and a baby sweater for "big brother" Jason and his wife. I figure its just practice. This way I can learn more of the mechanics before I get into making too many more. :)

Speaking of making sweaters, and as it is confession day in the Knitter Bunny household, I have never successfully made a sweater that fits me. Nope, not one. I have made several that fit other people, but I have terrible luck making one that fits me. It's as though my fingers are naturally resistant to making a sweater that I can wear.

I have yarn, yummy yarn, sitting in my stash just waiting to be made into a delicious little sweater. I'm thinking bell sleeves, a nice V-neck ('cause I'm partial to V's) and a flattering waist flair. It's Kimono Angora people, the good stuff. Like expensive stuff that I found at a really good price (I Heart Ebay). I'm almost scared to knit with it. I don't want to ruin it. I want a nice sweater, the sweater of my dreams, in this yarn that I love. Most of all though, I want it to fit me.

Phew! That's better. Any confessions you want to get out of your yarn basket?

6 comments:

At Sunday, September 24, 2006 7:04:00 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

The only sweater I've finished knitting is So. Very. Ugly. I refuse to seam it, it is that ugly.

*sigh* Am I supposed to feel better now?

 
At Monday, September 25, 2006 6:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for Grandma's socks! :)Just letting you know I'm your tea swap pal, I'll probably be sending you an email soon.

 
At Monday, September 25, 2006 7:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go to Stitch Diva Studios(www.stitchdiva.com) and check out her v-neck sweater. It has bell sleeves(in one version) and a fitted waist and can be tried on as you knit. It is called the Simple Knitted Bodice by Stefanie Japel. Rae from Rae's Boutique in Lansing, Mi. is making it and could help you with questions. Her Bog Extrayarnza has comments about it in her archives.

 
At Monday, September 25, 2006 8:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was going to suggest the same sweater as Pat. Great socks!

 
At Monday, September 25, 2006 12:21:00 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

You might check out FLAK (Follow the Leader Aran Knitalong). Janet Szabo takes you through measuring yourself and custom fitting the sweater to your body. I am probably going to knit it after my St. Brigid sweater. There is a Yahoo group with lots of people to help you!

 
At Monday, September 25, 2006 9:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Confessions??? Hmmm, alright I'm gonna say it - The whole gauge thing escapes me - I understand the concept, the rules, how to, etc. but it just never works out for me and I'm not even sure how to measure a gauge swatch - my motto has always been "close enough!" and I just hope someone fits in it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home