Friday, June 23, 2006

Things I am going to try this year

1. Cabling. I have never cabled. I will admit it to the blogiverse. I am a knitter who has never cabled. I have made lace, but have been too afraid to try cables. This year I am going to make cables. I will be fearless in my pursuit of the cabled goodness. This will be manifested in pictures on my blog so that I will be forced to stay on task.

2. Intarsia. I have never tried color work. I am going to try colorwork. I will use two or more colors in a row and I will love it. I will pursue the intarsia and I will blog it so that I can't avoid the colors dancing across my needles. I will not weep when I am stuck, but will seek the help and advice of my blogging friends.

3. Fair Isle. This scares me more than you know. I throw my yarn. I don't remember what style of knitting this is, but I throw my yarn. I have no idea if this will help or hinder me in creating fair isle. There will be no grief, no cursing, no tossing of the perfectly good wool into piles of tangled kitty toys. I will create fair isle and I will not huddle in the corner rocking back and forth as I down a Smirnoff Ice, eat dark Godiva, and pet the yarn. You my blogging friends, will save me from myself and glory with me in the finished fair isle!

I will rely on all of you, my friends, to help my in my tasks. I will grow this year. I will be a better knitter. I will be, really drunk and high on chocolate a knitter with something cabled, something made with intarsia, and something fair isle.

Oh, and one Monica sock done.

2 comments:

At Friday, June 23, 2006 9:43:00 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

1. You are going to kick the butt of cables. If you can manage lace, you've got cables covered.
2. Good luck with the intarsia. I'm too chicken to try it, myself.
3. Fair Isle will surprise you. It is easier than it looks (I promise). Though feel free to down all the Smirnoff Ice and Godiva you want.

 
At Saturday, June 24, 2006 9:47:00 AM, Blogger Marina said...

#3. What does it matter if you "throw your yarn". It sure can't be worse than what I do ;-) Fair Isle is easy, easy easy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home