Thursday, June 15, 2006

It's a Conspiracy, I Tell Ya!!

I swear, the rabbits have risen up against me. Usually they sit in their little bunny cages and wiggle their little noses and I feed them and water them. Usually some will ignore me, others will try to eat my hand, and most will come up to be petted. Tonight, they are in revolt! I swear every rabbit that I turned to dunked both paws in the water I had just generously refilled and splashed me like a two year old at the community fountain. It was like giving my little brother a squirt gun and telling that the only thing he can't shoot is me. I was a moving target before the words left my mouth.

Even some of my favorites like Jimmy, Angel Wings, Black Silk, and Sierra were on the bunny warpath tonight. I think they're still out there giggling like little bunny fools at the sopping wet provider of food and water. Ok, enough of the bunny rant.

I actually have knitting pictures to show. Yep, real, honest to goodness knitting pictures. I was worried about my shawl growing (see previous entry) until I looked at how big it had gotten when I laid it on the bush. Actually I had to drape it part way over the bush, and I still have at least 500 yards left. Um, I'm thinking I may have bit off a bit more than I can chew, this is swiftly becoming a lap blanket/table cloth/monstrosity(ah hem), more than a shawl.



If you don't believe me, compare to this picture. See? See? For reference this bush is about four feet tall. Um, that's 48 inches. I've used maybe 500 yards of the yarn so far. Maybe. I might have more yarn than I thought because I'm terrible at remembering to measure my yarn after I wash it. I usually jump right to the part where its dry and I get to put it on the fun swifty thingy and it goes ZOOM! onto the ball winder. He he. That doesn't help me now, does it?

New topic! Part of the prize for the contest is here! Some is still on its way. I'm getting excited! We are very close to having a winner, and I haven't even posted the pictures of the prize yet!

I'm off to dinner with "big brother" Jason. He and his wife are having a baby this fall and I'm thinking, hmmmmm, all of the baby things I can knit. . .

2 comments:

At Thursday, June 15, 2006 7:12:00 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

Hmmmmmm, a bunny revolt? A coup? (But not a coop. Sorry, that was awful.)

And good job on the...afghan?

 
At Thursday, June 15, 2006 11:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shawl/ (afghan?) is very pretty. Funny about the bunnies! They sound too cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home