Sunday, June 18, 2006

On the Road Again!

Whee! I had so much fun this weekend. I got started early on Sat. and took off for Michigan. My first stop was In Sheep's Clothing in Marshall, MI.

This charming shop was tucked into an old house along with two other shops. The people there were great and willing to answer questions. They even let me take this picture! This is just a portion of the shop. See all of the pretty yarn? I had trouble choosing a skein, but finally picked a handpainted sock yarn. It's Sleeping Drgaon Yarn in the colorway "Mossy Frog." I also bought their last three issues of Wild Fibers that they had.




From there I traveled on to Charlotte, MI where I found a shop called the Yarn Garden. The selection was great, the service was wonderful, and I bought enough yarn to knit a sweater for Will.



It's Aracaunia Nature Wool in a beautiful variegated blue. I also found some Knitters Little Helper Hand Balm and I bought the book Knit Wit: 30 Easy and Hip Products. I had so much fun at this little shop and the lovely woman that helped me was a blast! We searched the nooks and crannies of the shop to find just the right yarn for Will's sweater.

All in all the yarn trip was great, I met some fun people, and I found some great yarn. The rabbit show (you know, the reason that I was in Michigan, hee hee) lasted until 2 am and I was a little lazy this morning. Let's just say I didn't get up until 10.

My package to the Yarn Harlot is on its way, along with Holly's package as of Sat. morning. Hopefully they will arrive at the beginning of next week. We will return to our regularly scheduled programming starting tomorrow.

4 comments:

At Monday, June 19, 2006 1:54:00 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

Nice haul!

Did you ever figure out what made the bunnies revolt last week?

 
At Monday, June 19, 2006 2:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Lucky you! (:

 
At Monday, June 19, 2006 4:27:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Love the yarn. You are so lucky to travel to yarn stores!

 
At Monday, June 19, 2006 6:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. The package came today! Yipee! I love the tea and the yarn. The yarn is soooo soft! I bet some comfy socks are in order!
Thank you so much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home