Wednesday, June 28, 2006

12:17 AM Time me, I'm done!


This is what the Monica socks looked like last night at about 10:30 PM. Notice the very long first sock being knit onto the short second sock. Somewhere in here you are missing the cussing, crying, staring in disbelief at the knitting and praying that what you knit off of one sock will still allow the other sock to fit.

I finished them at 12:17 AM. I was bound and determined to finish these socks. Then I discovered, as the very kind model Monica displayed the socks for me, that I had not knit the cuffs evenly. At this point, a better knitter would have reknit them, I am not a better knitter, I am a knitter with a finished object. PERIOD. I am not reknitting them. I am not.

I also cast on for the second waffle rib sock tonight, but there is so little progress, its really not worth showing.

Per the usual, Wed. is kitten picture night. My apologies for the picture quality, the little cuties are much more active now and its harder to get a good group picture.


Poor Dot, she tries to be a good mommy, but the kittens make it so hard sometimes. Notice the fluffball trying to nurse while Dot is trying to eat? That didn't last long.

Don't worry there are more kitten pictures for tomorrow. I even have a little something planned for later this weekend. What about another contest? With yarn from my very own stash? Precious yarn that I wouldn't give to just anybody, it has to be a blog friend. Look for a contest that starts Friday and continues through the holiday.

3 comments:

At Wednesday, June 28, 2006 10:24:00 PM, Blogger PBnJ said...

Congrats on your finished socks! Good job. I think they look nice. Love the cute kitties as usual. So cuddly and sweet. Makes me miss the kitties I used to have a long time ago. :)
Have a great night!

 
At Thursday, June 29, 2006 3:33:00 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

Ahhh, kitty pics. I'm happy now :)

And way to go on the socks! I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't said. Enjoy the FO afterglow.

 
At Sunday, June 12, 2016 1:50:00 AM, Blogger kelinci said...

wow really good product handmade. thanks
kelinci

 

Post a Comment

<< Home