Wednesday, September 13, 2006

FO and The LICKER, Revealed

First off, Dad's socks. I finished these last Friday, but hadn't had a chance to post them yet.

Specs:
Yarn: Knit Picks Memories in Yukon
Needle Size: US 2 Clover DPNs
Pattern: Um, generic whipped up, cuff down, short row heel with standard Harlot toe.

Plus, very sad pictures of the kittens. What can I say? They are active little snots and they won't sit still. :)

Captain Hook, Hook for short, the black boy. Why did I name him Hook, you ask? It's simple. The very tip of his tail is hooked and has been since he was a wee little kitty. I think it may have been broken during birth and it just healed with a little crook. So, we have the Captain! Welcome Hook!

Mistress Black Purl, oh wise lady of the orient. She has a decidedly triangular face that reminds me of fine Siamese cats. Thus her mysterious name, because Black Pearls are a rare find even in Asia. (And I have a damned hard time trying to find those Lorna's Laces in Black Purl, too.)

She is becoming more friendly each day and likes her little tummy rubbed. I've even caught this precious gal purring when I pick her up. Heavens! I never thought she would let me touch her, and now she's PURRING!! Welcome Purl(should I spell that Purrl?), you're delicate little chin will enjoy much scratching.

And now, we have Miss Stash Olivia Licking. Stash is named for her moustache as some of my contest entrants guessed, as well as for the fact that she used to hide in the bunny cage and behind my carrying cages, and in the nexting boxes, and anywhere else there was to hide, then dash out and trip me. He, yeah, that was fun all of one time. (Ok, NEVER, but she has stopped.)

Olivia, I don't know, it just came to me. And the Licking part, well, take a look.



Everytime. Everytime I go to the barn, she has to lick me. Fingers, toes, hands, feet, legs, arms, anything she can put her little tongue on. I try to ignore her, I do, but she's very insistent. By that I mean she climbs my leg if I ignore her for too long. Or she just grabs my toes with her teeth (I wear sandals sometimes). Such a little bugger, I want to lock her in a cage until I'm done feeding sometimes. lol

Still no sign of Dot. I keep hoping that she'll turn up, but I'm losing more of that hope with each day. I'm so glad that I decided to let her have one more litter before I had her spayed. Her kittens are very comforting to me and it was one of the bext gifts she could have given me. I would love to have her little six pound body perched on my shoulder while I'm feeding rabbits one more time, but I treasure Hook, Purl, and Stash because they are a constant reminder of what a good cat their mommy was. Good-bye my little parrot. I miss you.

2 comments:

At Thursday, September 14, 2006 9:26:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

They are so cute!!

 
At Thursday, September 14, 2006 10:08:00 AM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Love the socks! The colorway looks great. The cat picts are wonderful. Purl and Hook look really similar to our 2 black ones. Stash is way cute.

Don't stress too much about the missing kitty. We have some outside that we feed to keep the mice away. They all stay close waiting for us to come out and feed them. Then 2 of the calico females went missing. Well after 6 months they showed back up. Where they were and what they had been doing was a mystery, but they didn't look any worse for wear. She might just be out exploring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home